By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii production to end in Japan

Just like Nintendo - to abandon their console right after a new one comes out!

Just kidding. The Wii has been really dead, but sadly, often selling better than the WiiU. But I think many don't really know the difference.

Do you think this implies a price drop on the WiiU?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

So PS1 sales are safe... I'm gonna sell one of my 4 to a friend, because of the imminent launch of PSIO (accessory for ps1) , the PS1 underground scene is surprisingly not dead!
Back on topic: I was waiting for this day since 2007 when people said it will surpass every record (I was skeptical). (no hate intended)
Do you think more people will buy Wii-U? (looks like Nintendo believes that) I don't see a ton of good Wii games that came out in the last years, so I can't see people's interest for Wii-U to play Wii games).

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Rankstrail said:
So PS1 sales are safe... I'm gonna sell one of my 4 to a friend, because of the imminent launch of PSIO (accessory for ps1) , the PS1 underground scene is surprisingly not dead!
Back on topic: I was waiting for this day since 2007 when people said it will surpass every record (I was skeptical). (no hate intended)
Do you think more people will buy Wii-U? (looks like Nintendo believes that) I don't see a ton of good Wii games that came out in the last years, so I can't see people's interest for Wii-U to play Wii games).

Speaking of which, is the price known yet?

Also, is it only for fat ps1's? Because that would be awesome

Xen said:
Rankstrail said:

PSIO is for models with PARALLEL port (my SCPH 7002C has it) there will be a kit for PSOne/other users (you will need to solder) No pricing avaiable yet (I'm guessing nothing more than 30€ without SD and power supply)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE9J4g5TYPw

Long live to PS1! I'm very sorry for the offtopic.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Rankstrail said:
Xen said:
Rankstrail said:

PSIO is for models with PARALLEL port (my SCPH 7002C has it) there will be a kit for PSOne/other users (you will need to solder) No pricing avaiable yet (I'm guessing nothing more than 30€ without SD and power supply)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE9J4g5TYPw

Long live to PS1! I'm very sorry for the offtopic.

Poor bastards...

*hugs SCPH 7002*

30 euros sounds great to me.

Around the Network
johnlucas said:

After Nintendo killed WiiConnect24 instead of absorbing it into the Nintendo Network, Wii was essentially finished right then & there.
I said Wii would sell AT LEAST 240 million & it WOULD have if Nintendo kept striking with that console.
It was outpacing every record the PS2 ever made.
Inevitable that it would have been the best-selling home console of all time if Nintendo kept striking.

I now understand why they stopped striking with it.
Wii U will be the beneficiary of that 240 million number instead.
Wii U finishes The Revolution started in Wii.
John Lucas

Easy on the crack buddy.

Well at least the Wii U was backwards with software, which the XB1 and PS4 never will be (Gaikai is a entirely different thing unless they honor digital/games on demand purchases to be re-used, that would be awesome.). But Nintendo does look bad in terms of dropping support. PS4 and X360 have a ten year plan, Nintendo just drops support one year later after the WIi U is out.

It's just that simple.

pezus said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
pezus said:
MohammadBadir said:

i shall always the remember the Revolution that was Wii.

they should've ended the DS rather than the Wii, atleast the Wii sold a thousand, the DS is selling fucking 20 units everyweek!

They already have stopped ds production in japan

Is that why they are only selling 20 a week in Japan? Like they are still selling their final shipment I assume. 
I guess the Wii could still sell a few units in Japan after production ends...
Maybe itll eventually pass PS1 WW sales.

Yeah, just some leftovers. I don't think Wii can match PS1. I've been saying that for like 2 or more years, though . Not many people agreed back then.

I wonder who will be more pissed, Sony fans if wii does overtake PS1, or Nintendo fans if it misses by a whisker.

Seece said:
pezus said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
pezus said:
MohammadBadir said:

i shall always the remember the Revolution that was Wii.

they should've ended the DS rather than the Wii, atleast the Wii sold a thousand, the DS is selling fucking 20 units everyweek!

They already have stopped ds production in japan

Is that why they are only selling 20 a week in Japan? Like they are still selling their final shipment I assume. 
I guess the Wii could still sell a few units in Japan after production ends...
Maybe itll eventually pass PS1 WW sales.

Yeah, just some leftovers. I don't think Wii can match PS1. I've been saying that for like 2 or more years, though . Not many people agreed back then.

I wonder who will be more pissed, Sony fans if wii does overtake PS1, or Nintendo fans if it misses by a whisker.

As a Sony fan i wouldnt be pissed because Wii was supposed to DESTROY PS2 sales and it didnt even come close, even if it does pass PS1 thats nothing to be proud of. it will be a hollow victory.

pezus said:
oniyide said:
pezus said:

I did not expect sales to fizzle out like this at all. Hell no, I didnt

what did you think it would sell? cause i always thought it was going to do these numbers. Actually i did think it was going to past PS1 by now but never PS2

It was sarcasm . I've been saying Wii wouldn't pass PS1 for years now. It's good when you're so right. Now, for my next major prediction: PS3 will pass Wii (I also said this years ago).

sorry didnt get that. Those were fun times, anyone who didnt agree with Wii numbers was a hater. How the mighty have fallen, those people either exited or the ones who are still around are hoping that people will forget and pointing all their fingers at why their predictions didnt come true.