By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii production to end in Japan

Xen said:
Rankstrail said:
Xen said:
Rankstrail said:

I doubt someone with a next gen console wants to borrow that (I wouldn't do that!) I have two or more friends with Wii and I think they are not using it that much, I'll see.
On a side note: the wii production end and the fact that wii u is 100% backwards compatible means I might be in the target audience of Wii-U, lol, didn't thought about that af first. (I'm such a fanboy sometimes! LOL) XD

Does Wii games work on Wii-U controller  screen? That would be good for non hd games to be played on a "portable" at bed.

Yes... but since you need the original Wii controllers, it's anything but portable.

Sorry didn't understand clearly this is precisely what I would like: Insert Xenoblade Chronicles in Wii-U, go to another room to play it on the pad.

Is that possible?

I have no idea of the range of the pad, but to play wii games even on it, you need a wiimote/nunchuck (or whatever scheme is used in Xenoblade, I used a classic controller pro).

...but you already have a "classic controller" with screen in your hands, this implementation seem crazy/dumb in my opinion. (searching on the net fast I only found this was not possibile at launch and people told about maybe a software update but in the end I didn't understand if/how it works now)

Thank you for the reply.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Around the Network
Rankstrail said:
Xen said:
Rankstrail said:
Xen said:
Rankstrail said:

I doubt someone with a next gen console wants to borrow that (I wouldn't do that!) I have two or more friends with Wii and I think they are not using it that much, I'll see.
On a side note: the wii production end and the fact that wii u is 100% backwards compatible means I might be in the target audience of Wii-U, lol, didn't thought about that af first. (I'm such a fanboy sometimes! LOL) XD

Does Wii games work on Wii-U controller  screen? That would be good for non hd games to be played on a "portable" at bed.

Yes... but since you need the original Wii controllers, it's anything but portable.

Sorry didn't understand clearly this is precisely what I would like: Insert Xenoblade Chronicles in Wii-U, go to another room to play it on the pad.

Is that possible?

I have no idea of the range of the pad, but to play wii games even on it, you need a wiimote/nunchuck (or whatever scheme is used in Xenoblade, I used a classic controller pro).

...but you already have a "classic controller" with screen in your hands, this implementation seem crazy/dumb in my opinion. (searching on the net fast I only found this was not possibile at launch and people told about maybe a software update but in the end I didn't understand if/how it works now)

Thank you for the reply.

The very very last Wii U fw update added that. Idiotic? Absolutely. But I guess it's at least a step toward having it independent of other input methods. Who knows what Nintendo might bring next.

NintendoPie said:
Finally. Although discontinuing the Wii and not the DS is another "derp" moment for Nintendo.

Whatever.

not a derp moment at all. THe WIi U isnt doing the numbers that Ninty wants not even close. They probably believe the WIi is holding WIi U back a bit, now their is no cheaper alternative so people who would have bought Wii will now buy Wiiu

So the Wii wont end up passing the Ps1 then.

think-man said:
So the Wii wont end up passing the Ps1 then.

Or maybe not?

Wii Mini's are hitting the US this holiday. A guy on CAG took a picture at his local Sam's Club... in the US!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320768-wii-mini-mario-kart-bundle-at-sams/

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1381635_10202406893680192_1089828260_n.jpg

Supposedly the MSRP is $100 and comes with Mario Kart. However the WIi Mini does not

-  The Wii mini console does not connect to the Internet and does not support online features in games.

The Wii mini console is not compatible with Nintendo GameCube Game Discs or accessories.

- Supposedly only S-Video as well.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Respect for the king of the 7th gen.

Contrary to many, I don't believe any of the other 2 consoles can surpass it, both in hardware and software.

Now I'd like to see Nintendo repeating the success for the 8th gen, but that's not looking much good.

FrancisNobleman said:
Respect for the king of the 7th gen.

Contrary to many, I don't believe any of the other 2 consoles can surpass it, both in hardware and software.

Now I'd like to see Nintendo repeating the success for the 8th gen, but that's not looking much good.

unfortunately, i don't think anything will do Wii numbers for a long time. well, besides the 3DS XD

pezus said:
Metallicube said:
pezus said:
Metallicube said:

Who says? Third party support is VASTLY overrated IMO, especially when you have such a strong first party base like Nintendo. They are not the end all be all. In fact, if anything, too much third party control is very harmful to the industry.. The prior DRM policies of the Xbone (before MS came to their senses and corrected it), are a major example of that.

Wii has sold 100 million and still has a shot of outselling the PS1, made Nintendo a ton of money, and is complete with a plethora of fun and exciting games that appeal to many.. So at the end of the day, does length of console life really matter? Sure the PS2 was in a whole nother league altogether, but there are a number of factors in play, besides its huge library; including a near monopoly on third party support, a boon in the economy, people rebuying PS2s because of new models/breakdowns, and a patheticly weak showing from its competition.

I just love how creative you "hardcore" get in discrediting the Wii in any way possible. Makes me laugh..

So the only reason PS360 are still going is because of 3rd parties, yet you say their support is VASTLY overrated. You also mention third parties again as a reason for PS2's dominance. Don't you think you're being slightly hypocritical?

It's far more needed for Sony and MS, because their 1st party is much much weaker.

How is it more needed for them when Nintendo's console is the one struggling? 

Nintendo is struggling because they currently have weak first AND third party, while Sony and MS have average first party, but godly third party. Do the math :P

It will improve immensely once we get 3D Mario World, Smash, and Mario Kart, but as of now there is little first party software of note on Wii U.