By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii and Ps2 shared characteristics.

^R u serious? I always thought the GC was weaker. Theoretically, does that mean a GC could play GoW2?

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
^R u serious? I always thought the GC was weaker. Theoretically, does that mean a GC could play GoW2?

Yes, well if they find a way to fit all that in a couple of Mini-DVD...

You can look at the port of RE4 to see what where the limitations of the PS2 compared with the GC... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
wiiforever said:

These kind of comparisions are pretty pointless because of different type of processors, but if we look it in a way you seem to imply, then yes and to add to that, PS2 couldn't have played Twilight Princess.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Yes the Wii and Gamecube could have a game that looks much better then GoW2, it all depends on the developer, budget etc. RE4 was a good example of the difference between the PS2 and Cube. I'd say Rogue Squadron 2 was a good example of what could be pulled off on the Cube. It's just too bad that most developers never used that power to it's advantage.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

GC have better graphics than PS2

Around the Network

Only people with no clue what they are talking about think the gamecube is more powerful than the PS2. It is true if you look at it on a chip to chip only comparison the Cube looks stronger, but if you look at the way the PS2 was engineered it was capable of tapping a much higher percentage of its power. The way that Kuteragi designs his systems is so that developers can get the most out of the hardware. This means they are hard to develope for at first, but once the concept is grasped you can do amazing things with small amounts of power. God Of War could never have been done on the Gamecube, and even a even more unachivable feat would be GT4 which ran in 1080i/60FPS.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

PS2 and Wii are the only consoles my 2 best friends own.
They are the two consoles that named their generation. For example, if you show to non-gamer people a GC they say "It's like a PS, isn't it?". If you say them "Say the name of a next-gen console" They will say "Wii"

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda

Wow, derailed big-time in this topic... Let's get back on subject: similarities between PS2 and Wii. I notice nobody mentioned that doom and gloom predictions pervaded the first year or two of the PS2's life, just like they have for the Wii's. Against the evidence, in both cases. I do believe the term "fad" was thrown about with wild abandon back then, too...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

KBG29 said:
Only people with no clue what they are talking about think the gamecube is more powerful than the PS2. It is true if you look at it on a chip to chip only comparison the Cube looks stronger, but if you look at the way the PS2 was engineered it was capable of tapping a much higher percentage of its power. The way that Kuteragi designs his systems is so that developers can get the most out of the hardware. This means they are hard to develope for at first, but once the concept is grasped you can do amazing things with small amounts of power. God Of War could never have been done on the Gamecube, and even a even more unachivable feat would be GT4 which ran in 1080i/60FPS.

Explain with sources and some developer background please... other than that this just delusional...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."