By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now That This Gen Is Almost Over, What Were The Hidden Gems?

Now that this gen is coming to an end its the time when people are trading in their current gen games for next gen stuff and stores are gonna want to clear out of current gen games to make room.  Current gen games are gonna be cheaper than they ever will be, so nows the best time to go collecting :).  So post your hidden gems or even just your favorite games from this gen and help me and the rest of the collectors, here's mine:

360:  Lost Odessey, Halo Wars, Splinter Cell Conviction, Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition(Haven't got that far into it yet but seems amazing)

PS3:  All the Tales of games :P, all the Disgaea games, Ni No Kuni, Journey Collectors Edition, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Valkyria Chronicles

Wii(Most my Wii games are popular Nintendo games):  Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Sonic Colors

Multiplat: Prince of Persia The Forgotton Sands, Prototype 2, Bayonetta, Mirror's Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Dragonball Raging Blast

Around the Network

Arc rise fantasia, NFS Nitro, Excitebots, Red steel 2 and Silent hill SM

I think ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are more like hidden gems of the 6th gen not this one (even if they got HD remasters). I'd like to play Vlkyria Chronicles but I don't think I will ever find it anywhere (outside of buying it on the Internet which I don't like) :(

AshKetchum1992 said:
I think ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are more like hidden gems of the 6th gen not this one (even if they got HD remasters). I'd like to play Vlkyria Chronicles but I don't think I will ever find it anywhere (outside of buying it on the Internet which I don't like) :(

If you have any little mom and pop video game stores nearby some of them will order games off the internet for you and take a small cut (like add $5-10 to the bill).  I used to do that but then eventually I just ordered the games off the internet myself.

360: Beautiful Katamari

Ps3: Katamari Forever

Multiplat: Shadows of the Damned, Catherine, Deadly Premonition and Metro: Last Light.

Around the Network

Dragon's Dogma, Remember Me, The Darkness, Mirror's Edge

Rhythm Heaven Fever 

Binary Domain

Metro 2033

Elite Beat Agents

The Bourne Conspiracy

EDF 2017

Updated.

No where near enough people bought or played Valkyria Chronicles.

Favourite retail games this gen:

Dark Souls
Ni No Kuni
Gran Turismo 5
Super Paper Mario
Dragon Age: Origins
The last of us
Ratchet and Clank Future: A crack in time
Super Mario Galaxy
Little Big Planet
Portal 2
Valkyria Chronicles