By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

I love PSVita because i like Sony IP that's why i will never buy a Nintendo console

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

wealthy?
I'd be wealthy if I bought a £500 phone to play angry birds on.
The vita is a bargain.

There was 1 game that could have made me get the 3DS and that was monster hunter but I dont see anything special about it compared to monster hunter unite which I picked up for £4 on the PSN sale.
I'd get it if it was on vita, but im not buying a console for 1 game.
I wouldnt have got the vita either if it wasnt for PS+, the fact that I had 10+ vita games for free made me get it.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
spurgeonryan said:
The Vita's problem is it really lacks unique experiences, and once the whole remote play shit works out with the PS4 it'll have EVEN less. ( Why buy Killzone Mercenary when I can play shadowfall via remote play, why buy dragons crown on it when I can get it cross buy or through remote play)

See Sony's bread and butter is software sales, otherwise the PS Vita will become a true PSP successor, where Sony's games do terribly on it. Because they're watered down console experiences.

GTA can do for Vita what MH does for 3DS. Of course, a real GTA on 3DS could do the same thing.

GTA didnt do much for the PSP or the DS.

Is this a serious post?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Even though I had the 3DS first, and I really don't fit the requirements of this thread I do find a lot of the answers here weird.

I have 3 retail games and 6 PS1/PSP games downloaded on my PS Vita so far. The graphics of the PS Vita are obviously better than the 3DS, and has a more convenient way of multi-tasking. However, something that cannot be denied for people who truly own both systems is the fact that loading times on some Vita games are significantly longer than most 3DS games. It isn't a deal breaker, but I don't see anyone really talking about it much.
The PS Vita has an advantage in terms of shared accounts and pretty much wont have a problem with the amount of save slots each game has. However, that doesn't really change much for me personally as I usually only use one save slot anyway.
Personally, I think the 3DS has a much more varied and powerful library than the Vita in terms of retail games. When you combine the PSN content and the eShop content, the Vita gets much closer to the 3DS as far as games are concerned but the 3DS still wins in my opinion. But really, when someone says that the 3DS isn't as varied as the PS Vita simply doesn't know what games are on the 3DS.

Nothing. I have given up on Nintendo consoles. I have kinda grown tired of their franchises, that's all.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
GdaTyler said:
Nothing. I have given up on Nintendo consoles. I have kinda grown tired of their franchises, that's all.

What about 3rd party exclusives?  Nintendo consoles have those, especially the handhelds (such as the 3DS in question here).

Having both the DS and PSP, I eventually want to get both next-gen handhelds, but am currently waiting to get two of the three next-gen home consoles first. I really want to play Fire Emblem, Pokemon X/Y, Persona 4 Golden, and Soul Sacrifice, so it's been difficult keeping my wallet closed.

Despite the 3DS/2DS being the cheaper option, I have so many Vita games I have free access to due to my PS Plus subscription throughout the past year that it may actually be a better investment in the short-term to get the Vita for me (long-term depends on future titles, whether certain Japanese games get localized, etc.).

As for the question, either Dragon Quest XI (although I'd prefer a home console release, regardless of platform), a The World Ends with You successor, or a 2DS XL (cheaper version of a 3DS XL without the 3D capabilities) would probably be enough to push me over the edge and buy one.

A 2DS XL with a non yellow tint would be fantastic^

A 2DS XL with a non yellow tint would be fantastic^

Non yellow tint?

spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:
Nothing. I can't imagine myself playing on the 3ds.

Is this a joke post? Are you saying you cannot actually stand on it? Or are you truly saying that none of the games on it, if on the vita, you would not play them? K.H...Resident Evil....MH...?

I never said that. Of course, there are a few games that interest me on the 3DS. I'm saying that I can't bring myself to play on the 3dS hardware. It's like going back to a 3310 from an iPhone.