By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive version of Watch_Dogs

mii-gamer said:
I called it! Ubisoft is not going to put the extra on the wii u version. Still buying but not day one

Has it ever occurred to you that what ubisoft might be saying is a truth ? 

Around the Network

Here's an actual quote from the creative director regarding the Wii U version from mynintendonews.com:

“I think it’s even going to be a bit better. If you pump the PC to its maximum there are things in the filtering and rendering that I think are possible on high-end PCs that are pretty amazing. Wii U is pretty much in-between – it’s neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen.”

So it's just as everyone suspected. A bit better than current gen but noticeably worse than next gen.

MB1025 said:

People do realize that most UbiSoft games are better on the Sony console right?

They were all made on the PS3 and ported over and nothing has changed this gen.

Also it doesn't make sense how he says both hit 30FPS, but Xbox One dips from 60 FPS. If the game is going for 30 FPS why does it matter if the XB1 version dips below 60 FPS?

Because they've got the PS4 version running at 60fps and they're undecided on whether to dumb it down to match the X1 version.

The PS5 Exists. 

fatslob-:O said:
mii-gamer said:
I called it! Ubisoft is not going to put the extra on the wii u version. Still buying but not day one

It is has been well established that the Wii U is more capable than current gen, it may not be up on par with ps4/one, but it is still capable of pushing far more than current gen, one only needs to look at the quick dirty port of need for speed rival most u . It is up to developer's whether they want to take advantage of the Wii U. 

MohammadBadir said:
"Meh."

what a nice way of getting people to buy your games.

seriously, why the fuck do 3rd parties act like they WANT the WiiU versions of their games to fail?

What choice do they have? They either say this, lie, or dumb down the PS4 & X1 versions down to the Wii U version. This choice probably gets the least hate.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
MohammadBadir said:
"Meh."

what a nice way of getting people to buy your games.

seriously, why the fuck do 3rd parties act like they WANT the WiiU versions of their games to fail?

What choice do they have? They either say this, lie, or dumb down the PS4 & X1 versions down to the Wii U version. This choice probably gets the least hate.

or *gasp* put a little more effort in the WiiU version?

MB1025 said:

People do realize that most UbiSoft games are better on the Sony console right?

They were all made on the PS3 and ported over and nothing has changed this gen.

Also it doesn't make sense how he says both hit 30FPS, but Xbox One dips from 60 FPS. If the game is going for 30 FPS why does it matter if the XB1 version dips below 60 FPS?

Makes all sense this comments because the PS4 version was running at 60fps before... now they are saying 30fps, a downgrade for this game... and the comment implies they will fix 30fps to match the Xbone version.

That's my biggest issue with multiplat this time... I don't care if game runs better or worst than another but I care if the devs are holding any of the consoles to match the other.

Watch_Dogs is the first downgrade game for the PS4 launch... well Deep Down is not for the launch.

mii-gamer said:
fatslob-:O said:
mii-gamer said:

It is has been well established that the Wii U is more capable than current gen, it may not be up on par with ps4/one, but it is still capable of pushing far more than current gen, one only needs to look at the quick dirty port of need for speed rival most u . It is up to developer's whether they want to take advantage of the Wii U. 

Look dude, if a big publisher like ubisoft says that it practically matches current generation hardware then you know there is something wrong with the wii u's hardware and don't go around giving me excuses or calling it bullshit. Ubisoft has commented and what they say is pretty much final about it's capabilites. I still do believe that the wii u is stronger but by a factor of say 10% and that's being generous seeing as how it doesn't completely beat PS3 in terms of specs. BTW developers probably are already taking alot of it's advantages but those advantages come short handed because it doesn't offer enough, it's just that you and the others won't admit to the system having a huge fault. 

Is this legit? There's some gold there :D

Wii U meh? Wow. Harsh.

And the frame rate comment is weird. Solid 30fps, Xbone has some dips from 60fps? What about PS4 then? Parred back to Xbone version for 30fps, or the frame rate is also fluctuating, not stable on 60fps because of performance issues?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

hmmm ps4 bit is interesting. The wii u thing seems normal too if you go by splinter cell black list on ps3/x360 and wii u. It's better then the the former versions, but not by much. So guess, it will be this way for watch dogs too.