By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Comparison sales in 1Q on the Japanese market for the PS3 and the PSP

The ps3's sales should get a small bump from Valkyria Chronicles in April, and when MGS4 hits in June, it should start selling well above it's '07 numbers.

Tbh, after DMC the release slate of Japanese-centric ps3 games is pretty barren up until MGS4, aside from Valkyria Chronicles. 

Around the Network

Whatever bump the PS3 has had, seems to be well and truly over. Sales are now consistently below figures from last year. Very much reminds me of the "Gamecube" - "hit" driven sales (then sales dry up quickly once the hits are over).

So nothing significant until MGS4? There must be something?? More Gundam? Another Dynasty Warriors?

PSP is doing considerably better, and some titles actually have REAL legs (MH). Cheaper price, new model, more software and more colours?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Lets hope that the PS3 will be able to get its act together ... at least the PSP is making some money for Sony ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The PS3 situation is just AWFUL in Japan...

lets see what significant bump MGS4 gives it..

I don't understand why the PSP is doing well & the PS3 isn't doing well..

last year Ps3 was like this in Na & JAP...this year just JAP

I'm seeing a trend, maybe PS3 can never make a comeback in japan like it has made in NA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

when the HELL is Trusty Bell? That game will help PS3 stay afloat until Valkyria Chronicles.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@kingofwale

I know, where the hell is it!

& when will it come to NA/EU

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Edit: first post

Week ending 24th March 2008:
PlayStation 3 - 15,680
PSP - 62,112

Next week: end of 1Q!

I think the real difference lies in PS3 ww numbers from March 07 till new years and March 09 till next year!

PS3 doing badly. Is it because there is no BC model anymore? Maybe people want the MGS4 PS3 model and because there are no games at the moment, people are happy to wait.

Edit: first post

Week ending 30th March 2008:
PlayStation 3 - 12,053
PSP - 133,984

Overall for 1Q (2008 JP only)
PS3: 352,166
PSP: 1,113,853

Difference between this year and last year (1Q 2008 JP ONLY):
PS3: - 13,233
PSP: + 421,601

Let's wait to see what will bring to us next quarter.

My prediction:
PS3: sales will start increasing when Sony release a Slim version with solid price cut.
PSP: sales will reach +20m in Japan alone in this rate.