By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft accidentally leaks plans for Xbox One personal fitness app

The Wii Fit trainer is way sexier, especially with her new athletic haircut.

Around the Network

it's "official" now

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/xbox-fitness

video

JayWood2010 said:
With popular trainers such as Tony Horton and Jillian Michaels this is kind of big news. People know them so it will attract that crowd.

agreed.  kinect was always going to get a fitness game,.. its a no brainer really.  getting jillian onboard is a great brand grab though.

crissindahouse said:

it's "official" now

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/xbox-fitness

video

looks like everything is live videos and video playback of yourself.  no "video game" style character models at all shown.  seems like a good move for the audience.

So with an XBL sub, you get P90x, Insanity and other workouts with the live videos and the Kinect measuring your heart rate, movement, and force during exercises. If this App really delivers what it promise, I would believe MS probably has a strong hit on their hands. Just think, P90 and Insanity cost upwards to 150 bones and you get them all with this app including the other celbs. If this turns out to be the case, color me impressed. I heard Skype included with friends which is definitely a must for the gym appeal. If you can also personalize your workout based on BMI, heart rate and workout ability. Yeah, this could be huge for this market.

Around the Network

Free for the first year of Gold members, nice, will definitely give it a go.

Where is my Bob Harper tho :(

Free for one year...that's pretty nice seeing as that's all the time you need to get ripped lol. I'm really enjoying all the features that come with the X1. It truly will be my all in one box.

Jillian Michaels is the last person I'd want on the cover of a fitness game. The woman absolutely embarrassed herself at a triathlon not long ago. An 80 year old woman beat her.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I don't see this selling consoles since Wii Fit is cheaper and anyone interested in this kind of stuff already knows about it and not about this.  Also I don't see the people that this is targetted at is the same people that will buy xbox live, so making that required is a big mistake imo.

Damn...Micro is trying to appeal to everyone huh. This will truly bring in all the desperate housewives  Fitness lovers.