By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are games as good as they used to be?

Agreed. Games are getting worse. They're getting easy. Way too easy. GTA V, it's awesome and all but it's just so damn easy! Also, the post you quoted is basically it. I couldn't have said it any better.

Around the Network

1990 : arcade game cant rembember the name you fly with an airplaine and kill dinosaurs (also my first game ever)

1991 : Super Mario Bros. 3

1992 : nothing 

1993 : nothing

1994 : nothing 

1995 : nothing

1996 : nothing

1997 : Super Mario 64

1998 : Zelda OOT , Turok 2 SoE

1999 : nothing

2000 : PS2 TTG,RR V

2001 : nothing

2002 : nothing

2003 : Metroid Prime

2004 : nothing

2005 : nothing

2006 : nothing

2007 : Super Mario Galaxy

2008 : nothing

2009 : nothing

2010 : nothing

2011 : nothing

2012 : nothing

2013 : pending...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:

My gaming prime was 97-2003 :P those years had all my favorites.

Final Fantasy when it was in its prime.

Suikoden

Legend of Dragoon

Wild Arms

Star Ocean

Legend of legaia

Alundra

Grandia

Spyro

Tekken 3

Diablo 2

Age of Empires

ironmanDX said:
Agreed. Games are getting worse. They're getting easy. Way too easy. GTA V, it's awesome and all but it's just so damn easy! Also, the post you quoted is basically it. I couldn't have said it any better.

Yep GTA 5 has the auto aim that never misses xD raise your gun and your going to kill somebody everytime.

You're just as looking at the past through nostalgia goggles. Take them off any you'll realize gaming had just has many problems back then as it does now.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Meh. Games back then were lame compared to todys standards. You have just seen it all. Getting old.

I am one of the oldest members here :P over 1200 years old.

Video games were simpler and easier back in the past and they did not try too hard to be something they are not. Video games these days try too hard to be more movie than an actual video game. Countless modern games overdoing the interactive movie experience, they look and play more like a movie than a video game. In the past a movie was a movie and a video game was a video game. Big game series have big budgets to deliver on graphics and the interactive movie.

Personally, I would say no, most of them, especially the Triple A games, feel the same. My bro just came home from Ahfgan. and he brought his games with him. Most of them triple a titles. I beat The Last of Us and played Far Cry 3 and .... not so excited to play the other games because they're all shooters. I don't dislike them, but I'm not too egar to play them either.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

In the 19 years I've been a gamer, I think game quality has stayed relatively static.
Every improvement is met with a matching deterioration.

There is more variety now than there ever was. No matter what kind of gamer are you their is something for you out there. There are more price points too for people interested in playing games catering to wide spectrum of budgets. Also more devices can play said games than ever before.

So i'd say things are much better now. 2013 has been the best year for gaming for me in recent memory and we haven't entered the goodies Q4 brings. Both big and small games.