By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo believes that Wind Waker HD can be a Wii U System Seller

Wright said:
Mr Khan said:

It helps that we're 10 years separated from "wtf, cartoony!" backlash that led some people to judge the game prematurely, though.

That didn't prevent the game from being one of the best-selling Zelda games, though.

Yeah it did. I see it as being one of the worst selling console Zelda games (depends on perspective I suppose). The backlash led to TP..as well as the awesome E3 reception.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

To a minor extent, probably. Wii U sales will go up by a double digit percentage both release weeks.

Love and tolerate.

According to VGChartz, The Wind Waker is the 6th most sold Zelda episode, with 4,60 million units for 21 million Gamecube units sold. A ratio of a bit less than one fifth. This doesn't mean something, cause Zelda games are prdominantly bought by fans but we can hope a ratio of one tenth, may be 700.000 or 800.000 units sold by the end of the year. There are Zelda fans who are not Mario fans, but I think that they are not so much. Moreover, it's a remake. The Wind Waker HD is definitely not a system seller in my opinion.

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

It will help sell units but certainty wont be a big system seller. Nothing near as much a new Zelda would sell. We will see a boost for a few weeks then drop back down for a little and then pick right back up during the holidays.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

I don't think it will move a huge amount of systems, but I do think it will be the jumpstart the system needs. So many people never enjoyed the original, and to them this is just a shiny new Zelda game. Combined with the price cut, the Wii U looks better than ever.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

Most 'casual' buyers or people who don't spend time online discussing videogames probably won't even know it's a remake, they'll just think it's a new game, regardless of the 'HD' sub-title.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

..then Nintendo didn't get the memo that they've been doomed circa 1989.

On a serious note, it would be better if Nintendo would have added more to its core content, and its structure.
From what I remember, there were hardly anything to do prior to the Triforce Quest segment... I'd love it if they added a dungeon or two, plug in an extra sidequest, or perhaps a demo or trailer of their upcoming Zelda project would've been nice.

I was not a fan at first when it was first released (following Ocarina of Time), but I've learned to appreciate it overtime.

spurgeonryan said:
The wii U is sold out at multiple stores in my area. Now I am nervous I will not get a Zleda bundle.

So yes, it has.

The Wii U itself is soldout, or just the Zelda bundle?

And you said that at your Wal-mart there was still one, which you will be buying this morning.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The only way WW will sell more systems is because there is a segment of Nintendo/Zelda fan boys that don't crossover with Mario and therefore haven't gotten WiiU yet.

If there is such a crowd? It can't be any more than 100k or so... Just based on historical Zelda game sales.

dedis GR said:
Not that much since it is not that different than the GameCube 's edition.

call of duty