By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo believes that Wind Waker HD can be a Wii U System Seller

Well, we'll be able to see how much of a effect it has very soon. You'd think price cut will do more to raise the baseline though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I reckon it will increase sales. Wii u is now at 20k a week. Maybe Zelda WW will get it into the 30k bracket.
Not earth moving on the scale of things but ...

I could be wrong but I am sure that I read here that Nintendo said the same about Pikmin and TW101 selling consoles. If a 2k or 5k weekly increase in sales is what they have in mind then nintendo is aiming really low.

Although this has nothing much to do with the thread just the other day a woman was asking about buying a wii u for her kid at ******* and the salesperson talked her out of it saying the console is as good as dead and to pre order the PS3 instead. Maybe she did maybe she didnt but the wii u is not making anyone rich right now that incident only highlighted the battle wii u has on it hands.

Maybe to some extent. As far as it pushing consoles, we will see this only for 2-3 weeks.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

spurgeonryan said:
The wii U is sold out at multiple stores in my area. Now I am nervous I will not get a Zleda bundle.

So yes, it has.

..but how much can we trust those with spurgeonryan usernames?

I guess if by "system seller", they mean give it a slight boost for a couple of weeks, then sure.

Around the Network

I dont think think this would have done well by itself but its the begining of the bigger picture most avg people will be looking at when they are thinking about a console purchase.hmm.. Cool zelda game with console for 299 plus i kinda want the new wii fit, kids will love the new mario and donkey kong, new sonic looks pretty sweet too.... And so on. So yeah these are the thoughts that will go through allot of peoples minds this holiday. So yeah if u look at the big picture as long as nintendo keeps plenty of stock available i think it will move allot of consoles this christmas.

Not sure about Wind Waker HD. It will move some systems but not as many as we think. A New Super Mario Bros. U bundle will

Lyrikalstylez said:
I'm just hoping because of the release of windwaker hd, I can get the Gamecube version for very cheap

Depends on what you mean by very cheap, I can order a used copy of Wind Waker for the gamecube off of Amazon for $30 right now. As most Nintendo games (and especially games from their more core and/or niche franchises) become collectors items very quickly I consider that pretty good. Hopefully it will remain there or go down for you - although I could see the remake raising the awareness of the original, resulting in its average price actually increasing (still below the $50 for the new one though, at least used). Factory sealed is $80-100+ but that's because its like 8 years old and a very good game.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

It's the slow but steady start that will push Wii U up after it held "A" for too long before the start of the race.