By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo believes that Wind Waker HD can be a Wii U System Seller

I think it could push systems. It's well done. Zelda people will buy systems for Zelda. A lot of Zelda fans skipped this one. Those that didn't really love it and many will buy it again. It's appealing to kids with its style. Sounds like a System mover to me.

Around the Network

If they mean that it will help to sell a number of systems greater than zero...yeah, I think that's a reasonable expectation.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I don't think so. Many don't like it, and it is a re-release. On the other hand, it could attract some new fans, in few numbers. Zelda U will be more a system seller.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

In a tiny way, perhaps, but the function of a remake to sell consoles is only ever going to be a fraction of the original, and Wind Waker didn't do too much to help.

It helps that we're 10 years separated from "wtf, cartoony!" backlash that led some people to judge the game prematurely, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
In a tiny way, perhaps, but the function of a remake to sell consoles is only ever going to be a fraction of the original, and Wind Waker didn't do too much to help.

It helps that we're 10 years separated from "wtf, cartoony!" backlash that led some people to judge the game prematurely, though.

I wonder how will people react if the next one is super realistic.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

That didn't prevent the game from being one of the best-selling Zelda games, though.

chidori-chan2 said:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/24/nintendo-believes-that-wind-waker-hd-can-be-a-wii-u-system-seller/#comment-638556

It was a system seller.. Zelda wil definitely sell more  consoles.

When? Back in 2003? Or now? Because I'm not seeing WW as ever having been a SS.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Pavolink said:
Mr Khan said:

I think it is safe to say they will react like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U

That is to say, with tears of joy.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Pavolink said:
Mr Khan said:

I think it is safe to say they will react like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U

That is to say, with tears of joy.

Well maybe I will react like that. My initail reaction to Skyward Sword was like "Is that Zelda? :/".

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
dedis GR said:
Not that much since it is not that different than the GameCube 's edition.

Selfies

/thread

Don't you love how people assume that all gamers are like them.

It's like "I already played WW, so why would I play or buy it again"

or "I didn't want to buy it back on gamecube, why would I want it now"

Newsflash.  People are born every single day.  THere are millions of new gamers since the last time this game came out.  This is their first chance to play this game.  THey have never seen it before.  

Everyonen always seems to assume that HD remakes or collections, ect sell ONLY to those who already played the games before and just want them in a collection or HD.