By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:
noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:
What is the purpose of this thread.

I'm sorry, do you lack the depth perception to see his point?

Really noname?

*shrug* I have a Lame Joke Quota to meet! Eye rolls and groans don't induce themselves, y'know!

tbh, I didn't get it at first, so it was slightly clever.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kaizasaid:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
SSJGohan3972 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

Monster Hunetr 3 only being on the PS3 & Wii, and they really didn't want to port it to the Wii, but the PS3 sales at the time weren't that good, when they can make so much more money off the game by porting it.

Clearly the original intended console of choose for new Monster Hunter games was 1080p HD consoles, but something about playing these kinds of games in 240p 3D made them leave the HD ship for 3D, when it comes to Monster Hunter.

But if anyone has a more better theory about why no release on even the Wii U for Monster Hunter 4, then I would like to hear it.

Heres a theory, Nintendo payed for exclusivity.

In Japan handhelds are the preffered choice when It comes to gaming. DS/PSP sold over twice as much as Wii/PS3/360. Also PSP was the first strong competitor to Nintendos dominance of the handheld market and was able to get about 35-40% marketshare in Japan. Of the 4 PSP games to sell over a million units, all 4 were Monster Hunter games with 2 of them selling over 4 million. According to VGchartz, Monster Hunter accounted for 20% of PSP software sales in Japan. As a way to regain complete control of the handheld market in Japan, Nintendo payed for Capcom to release Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS exclusive.

If Nintendo was paying for 3rd parties to be on their system, then the Wii would have gotten a lot more 3rd party support, even if it was just multiplatform games that in real life only came to the PS3 & 360.

The way EA & the game reviewers & the media talk about Nintendo, well, clearly Nintendo has never paid 3rd Parties nor anyone else any money for any support.

Sony & Microsoft have clearly paid 3rd parties for games, but clearly Nintendo never gives money to pimps who try to whore out any titles.

If Nintendo has shown us anything, it's that they just make the most interactive video game system they can and hope 3rd parties like it. Also Nintendo has shown that they never go to 3rd parties, but 3rd parties do sometimes go to them, like The Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2. If you decide to co-op a game with Nintendo it will be exclusive. Lego City Undercover is only on Wii U because of its capability to be 100% open world with that particular world. Nintendo let Lego know that the 3DS is capable of the same open world, but with 240p graphics, and then Lego decided to make a prequel to show off the Lego City world in 3D, like you are there in person because it's a Lego game.

There is a big difference between paying 1 exclusive vs paying for multiple exclusives, reviewers, media.

Monster Hunter was hands down the biggest series on PSP in Japan, 25% of PSP owners own the most recent Monster Hunter. By stealing that series, Nintendo has greatly hurt Sony portables in Japan.

PS3 doesnt have any 1 series in Japan that clearly sold the system. In order for Wii to steal the PS3 audience, Nintendo would have had to buy Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid exclusivity. And in the west would have to buy Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty exclusivity.

But wouldn't there be confirmation of such a thing.

Everyone knew Project Cafe was the New Home Console, and NOT a Nintendo Zone set-up.

brendude13 said:

It's not just 3D which is the reason why it's selling 400k per week, it's also because the 3DS is the most powerful handheld on the market and can render 12 billion more triangles than the Vita.

The PICA200 is a series.

The PICA200 2008 does more then 500 million triangles with a vertex performence of 40.7 million polygons @ 100 MHz (600 MHz max clock frequency), so @400mhz the Vertex Performence would be 162.8 million polygons.

The PICA200 2010 is 1 GHz max clock frequency and won the Micro GPU of the Year Award (in 2010 of course)

The PICA200 2006 is 15.3 million polygons @ 200 MHz (400 MHz max clock frequency)

The PICA200 2012, well I know about it, but I don't know about any of it's specs LOL.

either Nintendo is using a 2K8 or 2K10 model.

The only reason Capcom made Monster Hunter 4 a 3DS exclusive is the same reason they made 2 Residen Evil games like Mercemaries 3D, and is the same reason Square-Enix made a Kingdom Hearts 3DS exclusive.....3D.

As I said, a bunch of these good titles were only created in the first place because the 3DS does glasses-free 3D.

Bravely Default & Project X Zone & Code of Princess & etc. where all inspired by 3D to have their projects started, to just later end the way they did.....just look at TheatRhythm Final Fantasy, do you think that was their original intent when they said lets make a new original Fantasy as a 3D exclusive (the Sequel is called "Curtain Call" in its Subtitle), no, of course its not the original intent, but the game helps selling the Hardware from Japan to the US (but I think especially in Japan for Rhythm FF)

Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizasaid:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
SSJGohan3972 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

Monster Hunetr 3 only being on the PS3 & Wii, and they really didn't want to port it to the Wii, but the PS3 sales at the time weren't that good, when they can make so much more money off the game by porting it.

Clearly the original intended console of choose for new Monster Hunter games was 1080p HD consoles, but something about playing these kinds of games in 240p 3D made them leave the HD ship for 3D, when it comes to Monster Hunter.

But if anyone has a more better theory about why no release on even the Wii U for Monster Hunter 4, then I would like to hear it.

Heres a theory, Nintendo payed for exclusivity.

In Japan handhelds are the preffered choice when It comes to gaming. DS/PSP sold over twice as much as Wii/PS3/360. Also PSP was the first strong competitor to Nintendos dominance of the handheld market and was able to get about 35-40% marketshare in Japan. Of the 4 PSP games to sell over a million units, all 4 were Monster Hunter games with 2 of them selling over 4 million. According to VGchartz, Monster Hunter accounted for 20% of PSP software sales in Japan. As a way to regain complete control of the handheld market in Japan, Nintendo payed for Capcom to release Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS exclusive.

If Nintendo was paying for 3rd parties to be on their system, then the Wii would have gotten a lot more 3rd party support, even if it was just multiplatform games that in real life only came to the PS3 & 360.

The way EA & the game reviewers & the media talk about Nintendo, well, clearly Nintendo has never paid 3rd Parties nor anyone else any money for any support.

Sony & Microsoft have clearly paid 3rd parties for games, but clearly Nintendo never gives money to pimps who try to whore out any titles.

If Nintendo has shown us anything, it's that they just make the most interactive video game system they can and hope 3rd parties like it. Also Nintendo has shown that they never go to 3rd parties, but 3rd parties do sometimes go to them, like The Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2. If you decide to co-op a game with Nintendo it will be exclusive. Lego City Undercover is only on Wii U because of its capability to be 100% open world with that particular world. Nintendo let Lego know that the 3DS is capable of the same open world, but with 240p graphics, and then Lego decided to make a prequel to show off the Lego City world in 3D, like you are there in person because it's a Lego game.

There is a big difference between paying 1 exclusive vs paying for multiple exclusives, reviewers, media.

Monster Hunter was hands down the biggest series on PSP in Japan, 25% of PSP owners own the most recent Monster Hunter. By stealing that series, Nintendo has greatly hurt Sony portables in Japan.

PS3 doesnt have any 1 series in Japan that clearly sold the system. In order for Wii to steal the PS3 audience, Nintendo would have had to buy Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid exclusivity. And in the west would have to buy Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty exclusivity.

But wouldn't there be confirmation of such a thing.

Everyone knew Project Cafe was the New Home Console, and NOT a Nintendo Zone set-up.

No not at all, has Sony or Microsoft ever confirmed the only reason a 3rd party game was exclusive was becaus they paid for it? The only time a company announces something like that is if the game wouldnt have been made in the first place, an example is Bayonetta 2.

I have no idea what ur second sentence is talking about

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

The only reason Capcom made Monster Hunter 4 a 3DS exclusive is the same reason they made 2 Residen Evil games like Mercemaries 3D, and is the same reason Square-Enix made a Kingdom Hearts 3DS exclusive.....3D.

(..)

Come on, be honest, do you seriously not believe a userbase difference of 30m had anything to do with it?

pezus said:

Its success has little to do with the 3D, tbh. Monster Hunter just came out

Yeah, it is Moster Hunter 4..... And Japanese are pretty happy....

S.Peelman said:
Kaizar said:

(..)

Come on, be honest, do you seriously not believe a userbase difference of 30m had anything to do with it?

It didn't at the time it was announced, not even close.

I think it had something to do with a particular "hat" that Nintendo gave to Capcom.

brendude13 said:
S.Peelman said:
Kaizar said:

(..)

I think it had something to do with a particular "hat" that Nintendo gave to Capcom.

that hat gave the two company lots of $$$$

and there is also called forecasting

aikohualda said:
brendude13 said:

that hat gave the two company lots of $$$$

and there is also called forecasting

I know, I never said it didn't.

Nobody could have forecasted the sudden 3DS recovery and the PS Vita flop at that point in time, both of which the Monster Hunter 4 exclusivity deal is partly responsible for anyway.