By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

brendude13 said:
aikohualda said:
brendude13 said:

It didn't at the time it was announced, not even close.

I think it had something to do with a particular "hat" that Nintendo gave to Capcom.

that hat gave the two company lots of $$$$

and there is also called forecasting

I know, I never said it didn't.

Nobody could have forecasted the sudden 3DS recovery and the PS Vita flop at that point in time, both of which the Monster Hunter 4 exclusivity deal is partly responsible for anyway.

nobody?

trust me the team in nintendo forecasted that when they presented it to capcom and other companies....

they like presenting "realistic" and "unrealistic" numbers to major shareholders and software companies.

Around the Network
PureDante said:
Kaizar said:

September 14 2013

Lets not forget that there are over 100 3D Movies premiering in Theaters in 2014 (only 52 weeks, LOL)

3D TV's have always sold better then HD TVs during same point in life spam, and continue to increase in year-on-year sales as well.

Can we just admit that the easy majority of consumers want 3D? when we have had less then 5% of movies have a 3D screening when 100% of movies have a 2D screenings, and the 3D screenings by themselves make up around 50% of box office totals each year.

Less so a 3D device, more-so a device for parents to keep their kid's mouths quiet. lol (not even trolling)

I find that its the same with pretty much all video game consoles.

aikohualda said:
brendude13 said:

Nobody could have forecasted the sudden 3DS recovery and the PS Vita flop at that point in time, both of which the Monster Hunter 4 exclusivity deal is partly responsible for anyway.

nobody?

trust me the team in nintendo forecasted that when they presented it to capcom and other companies....

they like presenting "realistic" and "unrealistic" numbers to major shareholders and software companies.

Most industly analysts couldn't, so I don't see why Nintendo could. Did they also forecast the current Wii U sales?

I also wonder what numbers they presented to Capcom when they pitched to get get MH3U on the Wii U.

Time to face the truth, 3D was the reason why MH4 is exclusive to the 3DS.

brendude13 said:
aikohualda said:
brendude13 said:

nobody?

Most industly analysts couldn't, so I don't see why Nintendo could. Did they also forecast the current Wii U sales?

I also wonder what numbers they presented to Capcom when they pitched to get get MH3U on the Wii U.

Time to face the truth, 3D was the reason why MH4 is exclusive to the 3DS.

most of the forecasting that is presented to other companies are not release on public.

i did a forecast for nintendo in one of my paper.  They presented it to ubisoft...

Kaizar said:
jonathanalis said:
DS used to do more than 400k every week.
3DS neither get 400k even in the week launch of monster hunter...

But the 3DS is still ahead of the DS in sales for the exact same number of months for the first however many months the 3DS has been out for.

No, is not.

It is 11 mil below of DS.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251290/3ds-vs-dsvgchartz-gap-chartsaugust-2013-update/

3DS started well, but it havent the same boom that DS had.

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
Kaizar said:
jonathanalis said:

But the 3DS is still ahead of the DS in sales for the exact same number of months for the first however many months the 3DS has been out for.

No, is not.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251290/3ds-vs-dsvgchartz-gap-chartsaugust-2013-update/

My goodness. I had forgotten how huge the DS was.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

brendude13 said:
S.Peelman said:
Kaizar said:

The only reason Capcom made Monster Hunter 4 a 3DS exclusive is the same reason they made 2 Residen Evil games like Mercemaries 3D, and is the same reason Square-Enix made a Kingdom Hearts 3DS exclusive.....3D.

(..)

Come on, be honest, do you seriously not believe a userbase difference of 30m had anything to do with it?

It didn't at the time it was announced, not even close.

I think it had something to do with a particular "hat" that Nintendo gave to Capcom.

Obviously not, because Monster Hunter was announced before both systems were even released if I'm right. (in the early days of the 3DS's life before the Vita released; correction is courtesy of Yakuzaice)

However, everyone with a brain could definitely predict the outcome. Capcom apparently had a brain, 3DS was always a safer bet from the start. aikohualda here too, he got what I meant.

outlawauron said:
jonathanalis said:
Kaizar said:
jonathanalis said:

No, is not.

The 3DS isnt that far behind o-0

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
outlawauron said:
jonathanalis said:
No, is not.

The 3DS isnt that far behind o-0

Since when is 11 million not far behind...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

S.Peelman said:

Obviously not, because Monster Hunter was announced before both systems were even released if I'm right.

However, everyone with a brain could definitely predict the outcome. Capcom apparently had a brain, 3DS was always a safer bet from the start. aikohualda here too, he got what I meant.

It was announced in September 2011.  After the 3DS, before the Vita.

outlawauron said:

Since when is 11 million not far behind...

It also isn't static or getting any smaller.  This past week with the Monster Hunter release was less than a normal week for the DS back in 2007.