By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why Steam OS will probably be huge...

ethomaz said:

Minecraft creator loved this news.

Markus Persson: Valve is saving the entire gaming world, but I all I can do is mumble passive aggressively about crowbars.

Markus Persson: Seriously, this overly drawn out steambox announcement thing is amazing news. Win8's been worrying me. <3 valve

https://twitter.com/notch

Hope Notch finally brings Minecraft to Steam if he loves it that much. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
zarx said:
loy310 said:
Everyone is hyping the hell out of this OS. Sure steam is great but the price for a decent PC aint great. SteamOS wont lower the price of a PC in fact it might cost them to increase in price. It will remain a hardcore thing or a nich, simple because gaming PC are way too expensive.

A free OS might increase the price of a PC...

AMEN!  I am so tired of ignorant people talking...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

HoloDust said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Some people really don't understand that the Kinect is litterally half of the price.  Without Windows I could make an X1 for $250...

Now a PS4 for $400... That would be impossible!

I would sure love to see your build...cause you need 7790 and quad AMD at around 3.2...only way I managed to go under $400 is without DVD drive.

For PS4 build somewhere around $450-500...

I said the Xbox One was Doable at $350-$400  ($300 or under without OS).  A PS4 would cost about $600  ($530 without OS).

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Ehhh, I think people are overestimating Valve.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ehhh, I think people are overestimating Valve.

If anything, I think all throughout history, people have underestimated valve, you should have heard some of the criticism about Steam when it first came along! Now it dominates the PC's rather monolothic digital video game sales.

If something is getting allot of praise, it can do one of 2 things. Flounder, or be a run-away success.
Look at Microsoft with all it's origional policies on the Xbox One, it received sooo much hate and criticism, yet when Steam implements similar features like family sharing in Steam it's praised for it, people just simply love valve.

Also helps that almost every single news outlet that is reports on tech or video games has been reporting it, so it's not like it's going to be "unknown" to people.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--