By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 20 prominent indie developers that favored Xbox 360 now develop, favor or are exclusive to PS4 (list included)

Tagged games:

eFKac said:
zhao3gold said:
I feel kind of funny that when we compared console exclusive games between Xbo  60 and PS3, it was quite often claimed by Sony fans that those exclusive XBLA games from these listing indie developers couldn't be count and therefore they concluded that X360 doesn't have any game to play.

Now, when these developer starts to launch games on PS4, suddenly, in eyes of Sony fan's they become way more important than before and these indie titles will ruin X1 to the death.

Yeah it's a double edged sword really. I remember when Xbox fans always bragged about how XBLA is superior to PSN because of the amount of indie titles that weren't available on PSN, timed exclusives that launched only on PC after, or permanent exclusives. And then indie titles were a significant addition to the overall library. Now Xbox fans changed their tune and I hear that indies aren't "real" games, over 90% of them are worthless crap, etc. See how easy it is? Even if it's true is it worth bringing up?

*Drops the Mic*

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
And meanwhile, in other news, more and more indie devs, including a few you just mentioned, are lining up to develop for Wii U eShop. Which is music to my ears.

And thus you see the whole 180 with smoking tire tracks by Microsoft now.  They saw the barn door was open and devs were running out the door to others, so they did the 180, and ended up trying to get the back.  

Mike_L said:
No, just happy that all these will come to PlayStation 4 as I'm a big fan of indies. As said earlier I bought an Xbox 360 to play Limbo and Trials, but now it seems that the most interesting indies imo are guaranteed for PS4 often earlier or exclusive. How can't that be a good thing for a fan of great (indie) games with a PS4?

Thats is indeed a great thing for a PS fan and we should all be happy that they do receive, what will in most cases be, great games from these developers. So there really is no need to rub it in to us XBox fans that they are missing out on these games, don´t you think? :)

Very few indie games will see commercial success imo, very few to justify such intense support early on in the gen. And at the end of the day unless the games are specifically published by Sony or they own the IP there is nothing stopping the developer from selling out to MS or even Nintendo anyway, which will probably be the case for the majority of these developers.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Indie dev.  That which doesn't actually mean indie dev.  

On this list you have actual indie devs like Arc System Works.  A developer who is actually independent and requires no funding from partner companies.  Then  you have people called indie devs that really aren't indie devs, like Klei Entertainment, who required funding and are really called indie devs just because they're newly created somewhat unknown unknown, fairly low budget developers.

PigPen said:
Microsoft is spending capital a billion dollars on exclusives and Sony is chasing indies. I can't decide what's the better deal.

If you ask me, Sony is fucking stupid.  They're late to the party, yet they act like they're first.  Indie, indie, indie, is all I've been hearing from them.  Please stfu Sony.  It doesn't matter how many indie titles you have on your console, they won't magically create retail titles for store shelves.  It clearly worked for the Vita pushing indie after indie didn't it?

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Indie dev.  That which doesn't actually mean indie dev.  

On this list you have actual indie devs like Arc System Works.  A developer who is actually independent and requires no funding from partner companies.  Then  you have people called indie devs that really aren't indie devs, like Klei Entertainment, who required funding and are really called indie devs just because they're newly created somewhat unknown unknown, fairly low budget developers.

PigPen said:
Microsoft is spending capital a billion dollars on exclusives and Sony is chasing indies. I can't decide what's the better deal.

If you ask me, Sony is fucking stupid.  They're late to the party, yet they act like they're first.  Indie, indie, indie, is all I've been hearing from them.  Please stfu Sony.  It doesn't matter how many indie titles you have on your console, they won't magically create retail titles for store shelves.  It clearly worked for the Vita pushing indie after indie didn't it?

Don't worry. Naughty Dog are probably going to reveal a flagship titel at Spike Video Game Awards in early december. As we know Santa Monica are working on a big titel as well a "new open world IP with magic based powers written by Battlestar Galactica writer Michael Angeli".

Chandler said:
It's funny that a bunch of games I picked up in a humble bundle are still treated as a major selling point for the PS4.

Only 2 (Fez and The Binding of Isaac) of these 19 games have been in humble bundles xD To say "a bunch" would be lying..

R...i...s....e

f...r...o...m...

y...o...u...r...

g...r...a...v...e...

Yet another case:

Haemimont Games: Tropico 4 and Omerta: City of Gangsters on Xbox360 - Tropico 5 exclusive for PS4.

kitler53 said:

@OP - "Mojang: Minecraft on Xbox 360 - Minecraft NextGen first for PS4"    that's a stretch..

It was a stretch but actually turned out somewhat true.. Minecraft PS4 Edition is up on the PS Store (I'm downloading now) and the Xbox One Edition hasn't yet released. :p