By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 20 prominent indie developers that favored Xbox 360 now develop, favor or are exclusive to PS4 (list included)

Tagged games:

zhao3gold said:
I feel kind of funny that when we compared console exclusive games between Xbo  60 and PS3, it was quite often claimed by Sony fans that those exclusive XBLA games from these listing indie developers couldn't be count and therefore they concluded that X360 doesn't have any game to play.

Now, when these developer starts to launch games on PS4, suddenly, in eyes of Sony fan's they become way more important than before and these indie titles will ruin X1 to the death.

Yeah it's a double edged sword really. I remember when Xbox fans always bragged about how XBLA is superior to PSN because of the amount of indie titles that weren't available on PSN, timed exclusives that launched only on PC after, or permanent exclusives. And then indie titles were a significant addition to the overall library. Now Xbox fans changed their tune and I hear that indies aren't "real" games, over 90% of them are worthless crap, etc. See how easy it is? Even if it's true is it worth bringing up?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
kowenicki said:
Gotta fill that gap somehow...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-we-don-t-do-mid-sized-games-any-more/0121195

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/09/19/yoshida-expects-post-launch-ps4-drought-indies-to-help-sustain-release-schedule/

There is a reason Sony are making a big deal out of this... and everyone is falling for it. Indies are no more prevalent than they were 12 months ago. All of these studies existed then, but now they are suddenly uber important?

and you think XOne wont have a post launch droubt on games, dreaming their mate.

Sorry, where did I say that?

I'm merely poiinting out that indies are the new panacea for gamers apparently, when a few months ago most people would agree that 90% of what they produce is shovelware at best.

As long as I still get access to most of the best stuff, which I will, then I really couldn't care less about the other 90%.

Let me just support you here and point out that it is actually a very common problem.

We should all keep in mind to only respond to things that actually have been said in a post.

OT: It's still good

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I really hope Sony starts making some Indie bundles out on disc next gen.  If they really want to embrace Indies next gen so much then go all the way with it.

yep same as I only buy physical media.

Totally misleading. Guilty Gear Xrd will be coming to the PS3 aswell.

Whoops, poked a hole in the theory.

Mike_L said:
Chandler said:
Look at all the games I already played on PC years/months/weeks ago. It's funny that a bunch of games I picked up in a humble bundle are still treated as a major selling point for the PS4.

Even funnier that only 4 of these 19 PS4 games are released on PC (Divekick, Don't Starve, Minecraft and Fez). xD

I guess Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will be a whole new experience and Outlast is not on Steam right now I guess. Mercenary Kings early access on Steam is also not a thing. By the way, it's funny that "want to develop for PS4" and "Playroom DLC" are games now. Also, Oddworld New N' Tasty will be on Wii U, so it's hardly an exclusive game. And I don't remember where the Limbo guys said that Project 2 will be PS4 exclusive because last time I checked, it was listed for PS360, PC and Mac. That comment about regretting that Limbo was not multiplatform from the start does not exactly exclude an Xbox One version.

P.S.: We already know that The Witness is only a TIMED exclusive, purposefully leaving that one little word out of your OP surely wasn't intentional, right? Right?

P.P.S.: From the Trials Fusion Website. I'm kinda thinking that an XBO version is confirmed but hell, could go either way.....

Next generation platforms

Trials Fusion is also the first Trials game designed for multiple platforms from day one:

PlayStation 4

Xbox One

Xbox 360

PC

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Microsoft is spending capital a billion dollars on exclusives and Sony is chasing indies. I can't decide what's the better deal.

Naughty Dog and SSM were also ''indies'' at some point...

And what exclusives did MS cash in? Dont say Titanfall, because it will most certanly come to PS4 at some point

Well Outlast has been out for PC for weeks now so I wouldn't be bragging about that. The Witness is already confirmed to be coming to Xbox One and unless Sony actually paid money to keep the rest exclusive for PS4 they will be on Xbox One as well. Self Publishing on Xbox One means Indies on it will just as plenty. Pointless thread is pointless.

Xenostar said:
PigPen said:
Microsoft is spending capital a billion dollars on exclusives and Sony is chasing indies. I can't decide what's the better deal.

With all sonys first party studios i expect there easily spending a billion on exclusives, as well as getting all the indies. 

That's not true cause Sony will tell us.  Sony holds nothing back from the public.  I will like to hear what these games are.  Sony don't have that type of money to do what Microsoft said, that's why they said it.

Chandler said:
Look at all the games I already played on PC years/months/weeks ago. It's funny that a bunch of games I picked up in a humble bundle are still treated as a major selling point for the PS4.

This isnt about the games that you find attractive, but about the developers that jumped ship from Xbox to PS4. Thats what this thread is about . But hey, you gotta find a way to downplay it somehow !

Kane1389 said:
Chandler said:

This isnt about the games that you find attractive, but about the developers that jumped ship from Xbox to PS4. Thats what this thread is about . But hey, you gotta find a way to downplay it somehow !

Well, in my eyes, the developers didn't completely abandon the ship named Xbox and jump to the ship named Playstation. They are just standing on both ships, one foot on one ship. They play safe for themselves.

The self-publish of X1 is late, so indie developers are just focusing on PS4 right now. Sooner or later, some of these titles will port to X1.