By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5 impressions?

GTA 5 rating?

Closest to perfect a video game has ever been 17 11.72%

Best game of this generation 19 13.10%

Best GTA ever! 34 23.45%

Brilliant 19 13.10%

Good but doesn't live up to the hype 17 11.72%

Dissapointing 5 3.45%

Average 2 1.38%

Terrible 3 2.07%

See the results 29 20.00%

Total:145
czecherychestnut said:
Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It is the game of the year in my books without a doubt however

How many reviews was that Zelda based on 15,20? If it was given a few more reviews it would definitely be down to a 98,97 and that's why when you click on the top games on metacritic the game doesn't even show up due to the lack of reviews. Nonetheless great game too, it comes down to preference a number on metacritic isn't going to tell me what game to like more.

you know, it works like this every thing from 98,5 upwards 98,9* already counts as 99. Basic math.

What the heck are you on about?

You were obviously not aware of the fact that 98,97 already counts as 99 on Metacritic.

No they don't, unless we're rounding Ocarina of time is a 98.9 round >>> 99. Is that what your talking about? Or are you saying 98%=99%?

Not sure if you're aware but in Europe they use comma for a decimal point, so yes its about rounding. 98.97 would obviously round to 99.

Yeah I just noticed, it threw me off a little.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Absolutely brilliant. It was slow to start, but I'm about a quarter of the way in now, and it's just incredible. There's an enormous variety of missions and things to do, a huge open world, two great protagonists (and then Franklin) and a whole host of great supporting characters. I'm going to flight school one minute, then taking photos of a sex scandal, then switching to Trevor to go on a shooting rampage.

A few niggles: storing vehicles is a bit of a pain; the pop-in can be pretty awful; Franklin is kind of dull and his friends are all intensely detestable; the checkpointing can be irritatingly rare at times. But these are all minor complaints.

It's not going to beat Infinite as GoTY for me, but it's competing with TLOU for second place. It's definitely in the top ten for this generation, and I've never really been a GTA fan.

You do realise that the fact that there are checkpoints at all is new to a main series game! The Ballad of Gay Tony had some, but I am just happy that they are there

And yeah, I totally agree that Franklin is relegated below the other characters. He has about 20% less play time than either of the others for me

I love how 95% of the people here are off topic...lol

dsage01 said:
Kantor said:
Absolutely brilliant. It was slow to start, but I'm about a quarter of the way in now, and it's just incredible. There's an enormous variety of missions and things to do, a huge open world, two great protagonists (and then Franklin) and a whole host of great supporting characters. I'm going to flight school one minute, then taking photos of a sex scandal, then switching to Trevor to go on a shooting rampage.

A few niggles: storing vehicles is a bit of a pain; the pop-in can be pretty awful; Franklin is kind of dull and his friends are all intensely detestable; the checkpointing can be irritatingly rare at times. But these are all minor complaints.

It's not going to beat Infinite as GoTY for me, but it's competing with TLOU for second place. It's definitely in the top ten for this generation, and I've never really been a GTA fan.

You prefered Infinite over TLOU and GTA V? Well that's a first.

I love all three, but Infinite was more creative than The Last of Us and had better storytelling than GTA.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
dsage01 said:
Kantor said:

You prefered Infinite over TLOU and GTA V? Well that's a first.

I love all three, but Infinite was more creative than The Last of Us and had better storytelling than GTA

Considering you prefer storytelling (judging by your post) over gameplay and replay value that's understandable.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Kantor said:

I love all three, but Infinite was more creative than The Last of Us and had better storytelling than GTA

Considering you prefer storytelling (judging by your post) over gameplay and replay value that's understandable.

All three have great storytelling and gameplay, but where gameplay is equal, I think storytelling helps to differentiate the GoTY from the other outstanding games that came out in a given year.

For what it's worth, I haven't really got much replay value out of Infinite or TLOU. I doubt I'll get any out of GTA, but it's already much longer than the other two combined, so that doesn't really matter for me. My most played game of the gen (Civilization V, about 140 hours) wouldn't crack my top ten, so as you say, I'll place a shorter and more memorable experience above a much-played favourite anytime.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm currently playing through Grand Theft Auto V and really enjoying it, although it is probably going to take forever for me to finish it and give it an honest score. With that said, I still currently place The Last of Us above GTA V and Bioshock Infinite as my personal pick for Game of the Year, unless something changes drastically as I complete my GTA V playthrough, as well as how Beyond: Two Souls turns out.

I had a lot of fun with Infinite, and I really loved the setting of its world, but I think the trans-dimensional plot was a missed opportunity to explore the themes of the setting (racism, exceptionalism, religion, etc.). That and the major changes in gameplay from the pre-release demos to the actual release raised my expectations a bit too high.

Back on topic, my favorite part of GTA V are the heists, although I've only done two so far.  Not a big fan of that torture scene though.

loving it, altho missed some saints row things;p

stealing by jumping thro the window and genki lal

maybe im too much used to less realistic approach in sandboxes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

arcelonious said:
I'm currently playing through Grand Theft Auto V and really enjoying it, although it is probably going to take forever for me to finish it and give it an honest score. With that said, I still currently place The Last of Us above GTA V and Bioshock Infinite as my personal pick for Game of the Year, unless something changes drastically as I complete my GTA V playthrough, as well as how Beyond: Two Souls turns out.

I had a lot of fun with Infinite, and I really loved the setting of its world, but I think the trans-dimensional plot was a missed opportunity to explore the themes of the setting (racism, exceptionalism, religion, etc.). That and the major changes in gameplay from the pre-release demos to the actual release raised my expectations a bit too high.

I'm one of the few people that thinks the intro of the game is "game of the generation material" ...becuase most people said the first half was great...but the second half was "game of the generation" material.