By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5 impressions?

GTA 5 rating?

Closest to perfect a video game has ever been 17 11.72%

Best game of this generation 19 13.10%

Best GTA ever! 34 23.45%

Brilliant 19 13.10%

Good but doesn't live up to the hype 17 11.72%

Dissapointing 5 3.45%

Average 2 1.38%

Terrible 3 2.07%

See the results 29 20.00%

Total:145

I'm giving this game a 9.5/10 for sure. GTA IV was more like a 7.5 to me. The level design, variety in missions, character development, gunplay, driving, visuals and just the scope of the world all have been improved quite a bit. Too early for me to call it game of the generation, but this is the first time in a long time that I've logged over 12 hours on a game in one day.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Cj2i3 said:

It is the game of the year in my books without a doubt however

How many reviews was that Zelda based on 15,20? If it was given a few more reviews it would definitely be down to a 98,97 and that's why when you click on the top games on metacritic the game doesn't even show up due to the lack of reviews. Nonetheless great game too, it comes down to preference a number on metacritic isn't going to tell me what game to like more.

Well... on the other end of that arguement... the 22sh reviews also holds higher value in terms of weight than the 39sh reviews of GTA cause one bad review would drag to score down dramatically...

Yeah that's a great point one more review and that baby would probably be substantially lower than GTA V and GTA IV. Hopefully one day it will get enough reviews to get on metacritic's highest rated games of all time: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?view=detailed&sort=desc Until that moment it stays in the void of metacritic.

Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:

How many reviews was that Zelda based on 15,20? If it was given a few more reviews it would definitely be down to a 98,97 and that's why when you click on the top games on metacritic the game doesn't even show up due to the lack of reviews. Nonetheless great game too, it comes down to preference a number on metacritic isn't going to tell me what game to like more.

you know, it works like this every thing from 98,5 upwards 98,9* already counts as 99. Basic math.

What the heck are you on about?

You were obviously not aware of the fact that 98,97 already counts as 99 on Metacritic.

Absolutely brilliant. It was slow to start, but I'm about a quarter of the way in now, and it's just incredible. There's an enormous variety of missions and things to do, a huge open world, two great protagonists (and then Franklin) and a whole host of great supporting characters. I'm going to flight school one minute, then taking photos of a sex scandal, then switching to Trevor to go on a shooting rampage.

A few niggles: storing vehicles is a bit of a pain; the pop-in can be pretty awful; Franklin is kind of dull and his friends are all intensely detestable; the checkpointing can be irritatingly rare at times. But these are all minor complaints.

It's not going to beat Infinite as GoTY for me, but it's competing with TLOU for second place. It's definitely in the top ten for this generation, and I've never really been a GTA fan.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:

you know, it works like this every thing from 98,5 upwards 98,9* already counts as 99. Basic math.

You were obviously not aware of the fact that 98,97 already counts as 99 on Metacritic.

No they don't, unless we're rounding Ocarina of time is a 98.9 round >>> 99. Is that what your talking about? Or are you saying 98%=99%?

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Absolutely brilliant. It was slow to start, but I'm about a quarter of the way in now, and it's just incredible. There's an enormous variety of missions and things to do, a huge open world, two great protagonists (and then Franklin) and a whole host of great supporting characters. I'm going to flight school one minute, then taking photos of a sex scandal, then switching to Trevor to go on a shooting rampage.

A few niggles: storing vehicles is a bit of a pain; the pop-in can be pretty awful; Franklin is kind of dull and his friends are all intensely detestable; the checkpointing can be irritatingly rare at times. But these are all minor complaints.

It's not going to beat Infinite as GoTY for me, but it's competing with TLOU for second place. It's definitely in the top ten for this generation, and I've never really been a GTA fan.

You prefered Infinite over TLOU and GTA V? Well that's a first.

Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:

No they don't, unless we're rounding Ocarina of time is a 98.9 round >>> 99. Is that what your talking about? Or are you saying 98%=99%?

of course they do. I'm not saying 98=99.....do you even know math basics? how old are you lol

EDIT: Or did you ever see a 92,5 on metacritic? :D

Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:
Th3PANO said:
Cj2i3 said:

of course they do. I'm not saying 98=99.....do you even know math basics? how old are you lol

So essentially you are stating nothing more than what is already common knowledge. Forgive me for actually considering that you had something compelling to state.

Edit: Again my apologies, using comma's rather than periods confused me a little. I sort of deduced that your comma's was equivalent to my countries periods but still wasn't sure. Lol, atleast I learned something new today.

Nvm - delete

the-pi-guy said:
Th3PANO said:

In America we use periods as decimal points and commas to separate groups of numbers.   So he was saying that it would be down to 98, 97 -> 98 or 97..  So he would never see a 92,5 on metacritic even if they did do that.  He would see 92.5. 

Explains it all now thanks. LOL