By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5 impressions?

GTA 5 rating?

Closest to perfect a video game has ever been 17 11.72%

Best game of this generation 19 13.10%

Best GTA ever! 34 23.45%

Brilliant 19 13.10%

Good but doesn't live up to the hype 17 11.72%

Dissapointing 5 3.45%

Average 2 1.38%

Terrible 3 2.07%

See the results 29 20.00%

Total:145

What would you rate GTA5? (On a scale of 10) Post your thoughts and feelings about the new GTA game below.

My rating is 9.9 (Highest ever for me) 

Review: Incoming

Around the Network

Looks good, I haven't played it yet myself though.

I didn't get dissapointed cause I wasn't hyped at all. It is fun. Big, lots of things to do but not one of the best games every created (according to IGN Keza). Obviously better then GTA 4 but that wasn't hard to achieve in my book. RDR still better in my opinion.

The first few missions are already better than anything in GTA IV.

way better then GTA4, but it still has its problems. hopefully some of those get patched up

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

I chose best GTA ever, but at the same time it also doesn't live up the hype. Aside from a few differences, the game is no different from GTA4. The driving is lighter instead of the heavier feel of GTA4, but the shooting is the same although a little bit tighter.

The variety in missions on GTA5 is better, but a major flaw about that is they don't really give you a clue on what you actually have to do on some missions. You'll fail missions just because you can't see what you're supposed to get to, or what they're trying to point out. Here's an example. You shoot a high tech sniper rifle, and on the story, they make it sound like the plane is on the ground about to take off, so you're looking for the plane and don't see a thing. After failing the mission, it blinked at the top left to look for the red sight in the air. So finally I knew what to do with the mission. I completed the mission at that time.

I'm 65% complete with the entire game, and while I've yet to beat the game, 15 missions to go according to the 100% complete stat screen, I think that the missions in GTA4 were better designed. The heist mission in GTA4 was better done than the heists that I've done so far in GTA5. Sure you don't plan the heist and you just go along with them, but after robbing the place, the shootout and escape was overall better designed.

GTA5 does have one big thing over GTA4 though. The world map, and obviously the graphics which aren't far and away better, but they're overall better. The world map in GTA5 is the reason it's better than GTA4. With Liberty City, there's really no variety to where you travel. It's all city, city, city, city. Whenever doing chase scenes, get away scenes, etc, they are better on GTA5 because the diversity of the world itself.

I liked GTA4 and it also has a high rating in my opinion, as does GTA5. GTA5 is better, but the people who complain about GTA4 being such a poor overrated game, there's no reason why you shouldn't think the same thing about this game.

Definitely the best GTA game ever. Imperssions? Epic and Awesome!! but i still think that GTA franchise is the most overrated franchise ever.

It is the game of the year in my books without a doubt however

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fucking amazing, the game really started to get good for me once your rob your second bank(1st bank was prologue). I admit kind played the game a tad to much this week and ive beaten it and now that I've beaten the game its pretty boring. Can't wait for GTA V online in a few weeks.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It is the game of the year in my books without a doubt however

How many reviews was that Zelda based on 15,20? If it was given a few more reviews it would definitely be down to a 98,97 and that's why when you click on the top games on metacritic the game doesn't even show up due to the lack of reviews. Nonetheless great game too, it comes down to preference a number on metacritic isn't going to tell me what game to like more.