By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE: Top 10 consoles of the last 20 years.

they forgot to mention that the n64 had the expansion pack for unbelievable 4mb of extra power!

Around the Network

20 Year list, because EDGE has now been around for 20 Years people.

I can agree with that top 10, though not necessarily on the order. All great consoles.

The original Playstation behind the 360? I scoff at that decision. Had to be a political choice so that two Playstation systems wouldn't be at the top.

This means war.

Th3PANO said:
the_dengle said:
Surprised the Vita's not in there.

Also, no GBA SP? I am disappoint.

3DS isn't there, why should the Vita be on this then? XD

The Dreamcast Effect. It never caught on, so it is perceived as undervalued. A similar phenomenon led to the GameCube being ranked higher than the DS Lite and PS3, and to the original XBox being on this list at all.

Maybe the Dreamcast Effect only truly sets in once a generation has ended.

I'm really not sure how the PS3 is ranked so far behind the 360. Not trying to flamebait, but besides the better online services, what exactly put the 360 so far ahead? It had fewer AAA exclusives, lower average scores for the exclusives, fewer media options, and only better looking multiplats because the system was easier to develop for. Unless you really count timed exclusive DLC as something that makes a console that much better, then there's really no reason for that statement.

Nevertheless, it'll be awesome to see if the PS4 can bring back the PS2 age.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

So much Deja vu. I see people still can't read.

Strange list. I suppose it covers all the right systems but the order is way off.

I'd put DS, PS2, N64, PS1, and Wii in the top 5, and slide GCN and X360 down. X360 in particular seems way too high.

the-pi-guy said:

I think it is really funny to see a bunch of people commenting like they've never seen this before.
Edge's 10 best consoles of the last 20 years
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167099&page=1

It's a little different though, the other one was just a list.

OT:  

I don't know about this list though. 

That's it! I thought i remembered this list from somewhere.

This is a dupe thread as this was posted before. Time to lock this up and move the new comment to that one i guess. Is there a MOD around here?

At first I thought they were only referring to home consoles, but then they included the DS and suddenly I was confused.

I'll leave it at "this isn't the order I'd put them in". Not by a long stretch.

fatslob-:O said:
bananaking21 said:
fatslob-:O said:
bananaking21 said:
were da fuck is ouya?

but seriously, no NES, SNES, or Genesis? no gameboy? seriously?

About the no gameboy thing I agree but the others are more than 20 years old.

so?

Read the headline of the article.

just saw this, felt it fits the situation perfectly