By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Two New Pokemon Announced: Aurorus and Tyrantrum (Dinosaurs!)

Tagged games:

irstupid said:
Euphoria14 said:
Someone let me know if I read a couple of things correctly.

A.) All pokemon from all version are obtainable in X & Y?
B.) Mega-Evolutions aren't permanent? Only effective while pokemon has a megastone?

A) What I've heard, but not sure imo.

B)  Sounds like a pokemon has to be holding an item and then you use your watch to activite.  ONly one pokemon can use it per battle, so you get demega'd after the battle and have to re-mega next battle.    One thing I'm not sure on is, is the item consumable?  or is it permanent.   I dont' know if when you use teh megaevolution it uses teh megastone and you have to find/buy a new one, or if you can just mega evolve every battle.

Thanks.

I actually like that the Mega evolutions aren't permanent.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I give up. Half of you are joking the other half is serious. Some say fantasy is the same as reality and another says dinassaurs are all dragons. This is completely out of hand.

Dinossaurs are dinossaurs. They are not dragons. The only dragons in existance in real life are komodo dragons and they have nothing to do with dragons of fantasy that beeing fantasy can go about beeing anything the authors want to create. The classic fantasy image of a dragon is a lizard that flies.

Now please stop beeing silly. I was having fun with pokemon and this gets turned into a flame war because i do not think that its fair to classify a dinossaur as a dragon, especially if it doesnt fly. Its pokemon and thus fantasy, so they can say its a fairy/water type if they want. Its their game.

We should'nt argue the logic of what should be a dragon and what should'nt. Kingdra is a Dragon while Gyrados and Charizard are not. They are no logic, case closed.

As for the all pokémon being catchable in X/Y. I highly doubt it. That would mean that all gen starters, fossils and all legendarys will be available somehow. I don't see how they could pull this off unless they make some weird alternate dimention/dream world/tropical island or something like that where their will be no logic.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Nem said:

I give up. Half of you are joking the other half is serious. Some say fantasy is the same as reality and another says dinassaurs are all dragons. This is completely out of hand.

Dinossaurs are dinossaurs. They are not dragons. The only dragons in existance in real life are komodo dragons and they have nothing to do with dragons of fantasy that beeing fantasy can go about beeing anything the authors want to create. The classic fantasy image of a dragon is a lizard that flies.

Now please stop beeing silly. I was having fun with pokemon and this gets turned into a flame war because i do not think that its fair to classify a dinossaur as a dragon, especially if it doesnt fly. Its pokemon and thus fantasy, so they can say its a fairy/water type if they want. Its their game.

I did not say all dinosaurs are dragons.  I said waht is teh dinosaur T-Rex.

T-Rex is a giant lizard.  Which is what basically a dragon is in real life, such as the komodo "DRAGON"

That was using real life.

As in fantasy.  THere are dragons that fly, don't fly.  have wings, don' have wings.  and those in any variation.  

SO in both fantasy and real life, T-rex can easily be described as a dragon.

Full artwork for Tyrantrum:

Fantastic design.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
sales2099 said:

Just want to clarify, it will block obviously hacked pokemon, but it won't stop created pokemon that fall within the legal limits (stats, moves, and ev distribution). Those are nearly impossible to tell apart and only ones closely examined at official tournaments can be spotted by staff.

YOu mean like a Shiny pokemon with too high IV stats?   Cause aren't shiny's supposed to have a exact IV stat of like all 10's or something?

Or a shiny charizard with Solar Power, Full IV, moves it can't normally learn, or egg moves but says caught in wild, ect.

bolded: nope. that's for gen 2 only. shinies can have any IV since gen 3.

Those two new ones look cool. My Daughter's name is Aurora, so Aurorus will make her happy, I'm sure.

Now they need to come out and tell me that Togekiss will have a mega form. My life would be complete then.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

irstupid said:
sales2099 said:
irstupid said:
Look cool.

The bigger news though is all pokemon. The Pokemon bank is supposed to stop hacked pokemon. Not sure how, I imagine it will just be able to tell the obious ones, like a shiny of some legendary that was never available or some pokemon with a hidden ability that was never released in that region, ect.

BUT having all pokemon in one game will help with hacks in itself. People will be able to get the straters from every generation in this game instead of transfering, so they might not transfer a hacked pokemon starter. The only thing I'm worried about is LEgendaries. I can't imagine this game having all the legendaries obtainable. Will it? That is a freaking insane amount of strong ass legendary pokemon hanging around. Feels like there woudl be a legendary pokemon at the end of every cave in the game then.

It sounds like it could be legit, I mean we are getting a Mewto it seems based on it having mega evollution.

So the only pokemon no obtainable is x/y exclusives?

Just want to clarify, it will block obviously hacked pokemon, but it won't stop created pokemon that fall within the legal limits (stats, moves, and ev distribution). Those are nearly impossible to tell apart and only ones closely examined at official tournaments can be spotted by staff.

YOu mean like a Shiny pokemon with too high IV stats?   Cause aren't shiny's supposed to have a exact IV stat of like all 10's or something?

Or a shiny charizard with Solar Power, Full IV, moves it can't normally learn, or egg moves but says caught in wild, ect.

IVs are totally randomized, up to 31 for every stat.

I have friends with pokemon created at lv 100, with proper EV stats, maxed IV's (all 31), and moves/abilities that the pokemon would normally learn. These pokemon are allowed into random matches and trades online. Maxed IVs don't violate the pokemon, because technically it is a statistical possibility, albiet a very low one.

What sets apart a legal pokemon from a illegal one is the EV distribution, moves, trainer ID, and where it was found. Many people use a friends trainer ID and name, while listing the pokemon as a "link trade" when creating a custom made, lv. 100 pokemon.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

That T-rex looks awesome!

First 151 ftw.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile