By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

noname2200 said:
I wonder just how genuine the rebellion and kidnapping attempt in the south really are. I have a hard time seeing Varrick as someone who'd launch a rebellion on his own.

I'm thinking that Varrick is more than meets the eye.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
noname2200 said:
I wonder just how genuine the rebellion and kidnapping attempt in the south really are. I have a hard time seeing Varrick as someone who'd launch a rebellion on his own.

I'm thinking that Varrick is more than meets the eye.

Perhaps, but what does he gain from this? By contrast, Korra's uncle has a lot to gain from a "rebellion," and heavens knows this isn't the first time things have worked out for him in a pretty convenient fashion.

I don't think Varrick is more than meets the eyes. Execs like comedy to sell to children.

I don't think Varrick is the big bad, but I also get the sense that there's more depth to him than he presents. He's already positioned to be representative of the South's spiritual decline, and (although I don't blame him) seems to put the interests of his company first in this conflict.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I still say comedy. But, we're still early, 9 episodes left.

Around the Network

He makes for good comedy, but that was already Bolin's territory.

F0X said:
He makes for good comedy, but that was already Bolin's territory.

My initial impression of him was Cabbage Merchant, only with more lines and not quite as awesome. I'm not sold on him being the villain. Half of me thinks it'll be some evil spirit (KOH!), but the other half isn't sure. I mean, the book is called Spirits, but it does seem a bit strange to have an evil spirit villain, unless it's one we've already met.

I just want to see Koh again.

I personally think Korra released something that was sealed. This is the reason why I think her uncle is being manipulated. We'll see more when they talk about the first Avatar.

Yeah that's what I want to see, how does Wan get dragged into this? My thought is that things escalate so much between the humans and the spirits that Wan calls out to her and talks about how things were similar right before he became the Avatar.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Blacksaber said:

I thought this was a joke when I first saw it...

This actually creeped me out and now I feel really bad for Bolin. lol!