By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

noname2200 said:
Korra is a terrible Avatar. Possibly the worst Avatar. I enjoyed the finale for the sheer potential mayhem it should lead to, but in my opinion she really screwed the pooch.

I'm 100% sure that the Aang is the problem. He makes every other Avatar look bad. Even Wan.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Good idea for a conflict ruined by terrible pacing and even worse explanations. WTF is up with Jinora, Why did Korra decide to leave the portals open. Why could Korra become a Kaiju when logically everyone should've been able to. That sort of thing.

An exciting, but completely brainless finish.

Indulge me for a moment, though: I watched it at Nick.com, the official venue. I have good internet and it was constantly buffering, and I didn't even find out the episodes were up until a day later, so you know Nickelodeon had some serious traffic.

And I was watching NERF commercials? Nerf made sense for The Last Airbender, but Korra's following is significantly older (mostly old Avatar fans, who are basically older teens or adults now.) Advertizing Nerf basically wastes all of Nick's traffic because it's not an ad that many of their consumers will pay attention to.

I finally watched the review the other day (i'm a purist, sue me), and while I appreciate the things they did, I'm very much confused on some choices they made.

First, Jinora. Epic? Yes! Logical explanation for what happened? No. Why? I don't know!

Second, Spirit Energy Korra vs. Godzilla Unalaq. Epic? Yes! Necessary? Eh....

Third, destruction of past Avatars. Past lives gone for good? Why? That's a major part of Korra mythology, it's what makes the series what it is.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this too, the review below touches upon it as well.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/11/legend-korra-book-two-finale-review/

All in all though, a nice finale that wraps up season 2 and sets the stage for 3 and 4.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

I'm betting on Korra going around the world trying to learn the history of the past Avatars and restoring them in the process. Its a good excuse to see more of Aang and co. too xD

That's what I was thinking! They need to come back, what better way than to learn about them and slowly feel them return to the Avatar State?

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network

Korra is just downright beautiful. Amazing finale and I can't wait for the soundtrack for this book!