By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

F0X said:
blackmagicwolf said:
Yeah the Lion Turtles were one of my big beefs in this. We heard from multiple people in TLA say that bending was learned from the animals of the world (moles for Earthbenders, dragons for Firebenders) and yet here the Lion Turtles gave everyone bending. What's up with that?

I'm sure that after the lion turtles left, humans had to learn bending from other sources. And even when the lion turtles gaves humans bending, there didn't seem to be any mastery, which was also likely learned from the animals. These episodes show Wan learning the Dragon Dance, as an example.

That's the conclusion others have reached as well. The power of bending came from the Lion Turtles, while the technique came from animals and the Moon. This makes sense anyway since bending is not teachable, you're either born with the capacity or you're not, and the capacity to do so had to come from somewhere.

Unalaq had better have a more complex motive than "I'm under Vaatu's influence and want to destroy the world!" That's all i have to say.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Awesome. Fantastic. Breathtaking. Marvelous. Outstanding. Masterful. That's all I have to say.

Also, there was an off-screen human slaughter! That is not Nickelodeon material!

Mr Khan said:
F0X said:
blackmagicwolf said:
Yeah the Lion Turtles were one of my big beefs in this. We heard from multiple people in TLA say that bending was learned from the animals of the world (moles for Earthbenders, dragons for Firebenders) and yet here the Lion Turtles gave everyone bending. What's up with that?

I'm sure that after the lion turtles left, humans had to learn bending from other sources. And even when the lion turtles gaves humans bending, there didn't seem to be any mastery, which was also likely learned from the animals. These episodes show Wan learning the Dragon Dance, as an example.

That's the conclusion others have reached as well. The power of bending came from the Lion Turtles, while the technique came from animals and the Moon. This makes sense anyway since bending is not teachable, you're either born with the capacity or you're not, and the capacity to do so had to come from somewhere.

Unalaq had better have a more complex motive than "I'm under Vaatu's influence and want to destroy the world!" That's all i have to say.

I need it to be more complex because the alternative is electronics being thrown at the wall and I can't afford that.  I don't remain all that hopeful though, Unalaq is from the North I believe and I think thats the portal Vaatu used.  Please let it be a coincidence.

TM25 said:
Mr Khan said:

I need it to be more complex because the alternative is electronics being thrown at the wall and I can't afford that.  I don't remain all that hopeful though, Unalaq is from the North I believe and I think thats the portal Vaatu used.  Please let it be a coincidence.

The other bone of contention i have here is that Korra needs to learn a lesson this time. If they rush into this Vaatu-Raava conflict too fast, they could sweep aside development.

morenoingrato said:
Awesome. Fantastic. Breathtaking. Marvelous. Outstanding. Masterful. That's all I have to say.

Also, there was an off-screen human slaughter! That is not Nickelodeon material!

Yeah. This kind of shit belongs on-screen. Amon is dissapoint.

About Unalaq's motive: I think he was deceived just like Wan and believes that Korra is actually carrying the evil spirit within her. Would be justified in his eyes, since the dark spirits always surround her and she's completely incapable of bending them.

Around the Network

One of the best episodes in the whole series and I mean both of them combined.
I don't think Unalaq is under Vatuu's influence, why would he spirit bend or whatever it's called the evil spirits? Or even know how to do it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

KHlover said:
morenoingrato said:

Yeah. This kind of shit belongs on-screen. Amon is dissapoint.

About Unalaq's motive: I think he was deceived just like Wan and believes that Korra is actually carrying the evil spirit within her. Would be justified in his eyes, since the dark spirits always surround her and she's completely incapable of bending them.

Or we could go for a Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn-style "Light != Good" twist, to where Vaatu's chaos is a necessary balance or something.

Mr Khan said:
TM25 said:
Mr Khan said:

The other bone of contention i have here is that Korra needs to learn a lesson this time. If they rush into this Vaatu-Raava conflict too fast, they could sweep aside development.

You are completely right buy again I remain pessimistic.  Personally she seems to have regressed for me.  Far too obsessed with the ideal the avatar represents as opposed to the role it represents and must carry out.  She royally annoyed me on the boat when speaking to Mako.  I'm paraphrasing but she was practically whining about the lack of respect she receives while saying something along the lines of "don't people remember I'm the one that defeated Amon".

My jaw dropped as all she really did was take away his support, not that the writers have bothered to show us the reprecussions of the humans being manipulated by Amon.

I want to be proven wrong as her character has potential, failing that a season of Wan would be terrific.  Were these episodes written by different people?

Nice Fire Emblem reference, but Raava already said she can't "kill" Vaatu because they must live together in the world. the best that can happen is a world of peace or chaos for 10,000 years until they come back. At least that's how I interpreted it.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

TM25 said:
WIzarDE said:
Just finished watching the beginnings two parter episodes, and have to admit it is by far my favourite episode of the Legend of Korra saga and ironically it involves not Korra but the first avatar Wan.

It has to be one of the most epic origins stories I have seen to date, at least I found it to be very cool, and that ending really made me feel bad for Wan a character that I had just met.

Overall I give it a 10/10!

One thing I didn't understand was that by imprisoning Vatuu did Wan succeed in preventing the conversions ?
Or for it to happen the north and south pole have to be unlock which is what Unalaq is doing.

I think the conversion was the fight itself if irc not 100% sure, if it is Wan won the fight so good remains for 10,000 years which ends and coincides with korra's era now.

My theory is that the seal so to speak is weakening and he is influencing Unalaq, who deep down to some degree sees the world as needing reset.

I am actually a bit confused on that myself :P
But when the conversion started we did see some sort of planetary alignment happening.

How cool would it be if Unolaq turns out as the big bad, meaning he is doing these things for his own purpose and without the influence of Vatuu, because as we have seen he is a very traditional man, who wants people to keep their traditions alive and respect them and the spirits. As a whole he seems to have taken a sort of twisted path from Wans teachings, after all Wan did fail his mission and has been failing his mission for a lot of life times now ... it's actually quite a sad existence that of the Avatar :(

And how uncool was it that the humans killed all the Lion turtles ... I mean they basically sheltered and protected humanity from the spirit marshes, talk about ungrateful!