By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

WIzarDE said:

Nop, I actually would have liked if the Lion turtles would be shiling in the spirit realm ... but acording to the wiki "and was also the last of his kind, as the rest of the lion turtles were hunted and killed thousands of years ago."

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lion_turtle

According to the Wiki everyone learned bending from their respective animals.  Water bending from the moon, badger moles for earth, etc.  Nothing was mentioned about getting bending from the Lion Turtles.  They actually mention everyone used to energy bend before learning how to element bend.  None of that is true.

Around the Network

Well they have edited it with the new info provided in the latest episodes.

"During the era of Raava, the power of waterbending was first granted by the water lion turtle, who would temporarily provide it to those venturing into the Spirit Wilds. However, after the lion turtles renounced their roles as protectors of mankind during the era of the Avatar, the turtles refused to give people bending anymore. The descendants of the water lion turtle eventually learned to waterbend again by observing how the moon pushed and pulled the tides of the ocean; they learned how to simulate the effect themselves.[2] As such, they have a strong spiritual connection to the Moon and its counterpart, the Ocean. In fact, waterbending is the only bending art to originate from spirits instead of animals, and any adverse effect on these spirits detrimentally affects waterbenders too."

WIzarDE said:

"During the era of Raava, the power of waterbending was first granted by the water lion turtle, who would temporarily provide it to those venturing into the Spirit Wilds. However, after the lion turtles renounced their roles as protectors of mankind during the era of the Avatar, the turtles refused to give people bending anymore. The descendants of the water lion turtle eventually learned to waterbend again by observing how the moon pushed and pulled the tides of the ocean; they learned how to simulate the effect themselves.[2] As such, they have a strong spiritual connection to the Moon and its counterpart, the Ocean. In fact, waterbending is the only bending art to originate from spirits instead of animals, and any adverse effect on these spirits detrimentally affects waterbenders too."

That's still not right cause they show the lion turtles unlocking bending in people after the fact...

darkknightkryta said:

They didn't kill the Lion Turtles, they just went back to the spirit realm.  

I'm not sure that's the case. I got the impression that Lion Turtles stuck around: I don't recall seeing any heading towards the gate, we see them giving humans bending powers after the scene where the gates close, and obviously there was at least one moving around in Aang's time. I'm inclined to think Lion Turtles are animals instead of spirits, and native to the physical world: it might explain why they alone chose to shelter the humans.

Fake edit: I see it's been addressed.

darkknightkryta said:
WIzarDE said:

That's still not right cause they show the lion turtles unlocking bending in people after the fact...

After what fact? The scene we saw was shortly after the gates were closed, i.e. the beginning of the "era of the Avatar." It's not only consistent for them to stop giving out harmful powers when they see the humans killing each other with bending (again, after the scene we saw), it fits their persona to a tee. They seem to care about humans, and wouldn't want to contribute to them killing each other.

noname2200 said:
darkknightkryta said:

They didn't kill the Lion Turtles, they just went back to the spirit realm.  

I'm not sure that's the case. I got the impression that Lion Turtles stuck around: I don't recall seeing any heading towards the gate, we see them giving humans bending powers after the scene where the gates close, and obviously there was at least one moving around in Aang's time. I'm inclined to think Lion Turtles are animals instead of spirits, and native to the physical world: it might explain why they alone chose to shelter the humans.

Fake edit: I see it's been addressed.

darkknightkryta said:
WIzarDE said:

After what fact? The scene we saw was shortly after the gates were closed, i.e. the beginning of the "era of the Avatar." It's not only consistent for them to stop giving out harmful powers when they see the humans killing each other with bending (again, after the scene we saw), it fits their persona to a tee. They seem to care about humans, and wouldn't want to contribute to them killing each other.

The lion turtles gave bending to the people as they were leaving, it was already done.  There was no "They stopped" cause it happened already.

Around the Network

Okay, first thing's first. I'm so glad we're finally done with the crappy animation stuff. After Wan's episodes... well, this was painful to watch.

Unalaq and Vaatu... did Vaatu trick him, ala Wan, or is Unalaq that evil and stupid?

Korra! I'm so glad that you're likeable again. Now stay that way, please. Also, I'm really looking forward to her and Jinora's adventure in the Spirit World.

No more vacation Tenzin, but there was some really great character development for him here. Oh, you can't go to the spirit world? Well, watch while your 10 year old daughter does what you can't! Good stuff here. It sucks for him, but I respect the writers a lot for making that choice.

Not much to say on Bolin this week, although I'm glad he hasn't forgotten that Korra still exists... Mako, Asami, what the hell? Just stop. And Lin, what the hell is going on here? You're kind of really sucking at your job, and at being good.

Eska and Desna... well, at least they have feelings. There's some potential here for growth, so we'll just have to wait and see. Varrick... dude's good. One minute, he's awesome; the next, he's creeping me out. Is he going to be a problem in future seasons, or are they going to resolve his story in the last few episodes? I kind of want him to stick around. I don't think Unalaq will; with the harmonic convergence fast approaching, that's something that can't really be put off.

Overall, not bad. It felt like a setup episode, with some character development, which is fine. But all it really did was get me more excited for the rest of the season. Can't wait!

I know right? What the heck with Lin and Asami?!?!? They rushed Mako and Asami back together, then Lin is again not trusting Mako, UGH!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. The reviews I read have been frustrating. IGN said he didn't mind any of this, he just went....eh. Fortunately someone shares our frustrations.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/11/legend-korra-guide-review/

This guy goes off, love it.

did you hear they're wrapping up the season in this month? yeah the 15th and the 22nd will have one hour specials those nights. Weird huh?

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

This season's been a mess. I don't even think the first half of the first season of Air Bender was this bad...
Like WTF? There's no build to anything. They're even ruining Unalaq.

Still poor Tenzin. If only they built up the siblings more. I would have liked Tenzin to get more frustrated than he did. Would have made it more powerful when Kya spoke out.

Everything's just been so lazy.

I'm getting the feeling that this season will end in a cliffhanger. Its like everything we are seeing, is one big setup to whatever they have in plan for the next season. (They are under contract to up to 4 seasons right?)

tiffac said:
I'm getting the feeling that this season will end in a cliffhanger. Its like everything we are seeing, is one big setup to whatever they have in plan for the next season. (They are under contract to up to 4 seasons right?)

Each season is their own book I believe.  So the book of spirits ends whenever this season ends.  They've literally wasted all these episodes.  I personally think something's going on behind the scenes at Nick.  Everything they've been doing has been to just save money.  I think this is the real reason we're not seeing Ling have a bigger role; so they don't pay the voice actress.  There's A LOT going on and they've literally shown nothing.  I just hope the show doesn't get cancelled.