By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

I haven't watched last week's episode yet, but I have to tag :/

Around the Network

The "Beginings" episodes featuring the first avatar Wan were brilliant. However, they were so good that they distanced the quality even moreso between them and the rest of season 2. I just can't get into this show. At all. Yes, I will watch every episode, but when season 1 feels vastly superior to season 2 (minus the Wan episodes) and I've always felt the original The Last Airbender was LEAGUES better than season 1 of Korra, it really shows how bad season 2 is.

I'm still optimistic for the final two episodes, as well as if they can improve with the remaining two books. But so far, I'm not expected a great turnaround.

The wan episodes were great to those who haven't seen them though. Studio Mir did the visual design and it looks fantastic. The story arc alone is significant enough to be a standalone series.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Guys, will there be an episode this week or will they skip because we had the 2 back to back episodes?

Next episode will be november 1st.

Finally caught the episode. The episodes were brilliant. I agree with PS3-Sales, the season hasn't had good writing. I have a feeling that might have been Nick's doing though. Tenzin's family vacation was a great idea, but it's execution has been terrible. Instead of building, they "almost" pre-school the arc and throw character development out the window. Korra's side hasn't really seen much development because of the Tenzin filler... Sad that they nailed Air Bender so perfectly and they've just been fumbling with Korra.

Around the Network
WIzarDE said:
TM25 said:
WIzarDE said:
Just finished watching the beginnings two parter episodes, and have to admit it is by far my favourite episode of the Legend of Korra saga and ironically it involves not Korra but the first avatar Wan.

It has to be one of the most epic origins stories I have seen to date, at least I found it to be very cool, and that ending really made me feel bad for Wan a character that I had just met.

Overall I give it a 10/10!

One thing I didn't understand was that by imprisoning Vatuu did Wan succeed in preventing the conversions ?
Or for it to happen the north and south pole have to be unlock which is what Unalaq is doing.

I think the conversion was the fight itself if irc not 100% sure, if it is Wan won the fight so good remains for 10,000 years which ends and coincides with korra's era now.

My theory is that the seal so to speak is weakening and he is influencing Unalaq, who deep down to some degree sees the world as needing reset.

I am actually a bit confused on that myself :P
But when the conversion started we did see some sort of planetary alignment happening.

How cool would it be if Unolaq turns out as the big bad, meaning he is doing these things for his own purpose and without the influence of Vatuu, because as we have seen he is a very traditional man, who wants people to keep their traditions alive and respect them and the spirits. As a whole he seems to have taken a sort of twisted path from Wans teachings, after all Wan did fail his mission and has been failing his mission for a lot of life times now ... it's actually quite a sad existence that of the Avatar :(

And how uncool was it that the humans killed all the Lion turtles ... I mean they basically sheltered and protected humanity from the spirit marshes, talk about ungrateful!

They didn't kill the Lion Turtles, they just went back to the spirit realm.  

I think Unolaq is being controlled or rather, being manipulated in the same way Wan was.

No doubt Unalaq and Vaatu are working together, what their relationship is though is in question.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

This has been the most disappointing week ever.

Yeah both Korra and Turtles wasn't new....bummer.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Nop, I actually would have liked if the Lion turtles would be shiling in the spirit realm ... but acording to the wiki "and was also the last of his kind, as the rest of the lion turtles were hunted and killed thousands of years ago."

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lion_turtle