By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

This episode was interesting. It had good quality character moments...and yet I was left wanting more. I mean "Civil Wars"? Did anyone feel like that was really the case with these two episodes?

Whatever still thought it was good. Here's a good review that kind of reflects my feelings. Let's chat about the episode in the comments!

http://twodashstash.com/all-review-list/legend-korra-civil-wars-part-2-review/

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network

Caught the latest episode only. I can't quite pin down when it's on, as Nicktoons Network does reruns and my work schedule is not fixed week-to-week.

The Yandere water-tribe girl made me chuckle, as did the money-pooping platypus. Meanwhile Korra herself seems a little unhinged, as she was willing to threaten the judge with being mauled *before* she knew or even especially suspected that the trial was rigged, meaning that she was willing to threaten a public servant with mauling over an imprisoned family member.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Caught the latest episode only. I can't quite pin down when it's on, as Nicktoons Network does reruns and my work schedule is not fixed week-to-week.

The Yandere water-tribe girl made me chuckle, as did the money-pooping platypus. Meanwhile Korra herself seems a little unhinged, as she was willing to threaten the judge with being mauled *before* she knew or even especially suspected that the trial was rigged, meaning that she was willing to threaten a public servant with mauling over an imprisoned family member.

I expect most doors to become unhinged when pushed hard enough in the wrong direction.

I'm a bit disappointed that Unalaq is losing much of his moral high ground, but hey... whatever drives the plot forward. Looking forward to seeing General Iroh again. And some multinational action.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Mr Khan said:

I don't know that I'd call it unhinged. She's always been someone who acts before she thinks. I think that is the case here. She figured that the judge put her father in jail, so he can get him out. And what better way to ensure cooperation than a threat? (Obviously, there are a lot, but that's an easy way to attempt it).

And it is important to note that this "public servant" was corrupt, and had sent her father to prison because he was ordered to by Unalaq. There was no fair trial, and this was a mockery of a judicial system... and he was from the North, the soldiers of which had basically become an occupying force by this point.

the-pi-guy said:

So far Legend of Korra is looking to have a good 2nd season, but I feel like it could be better.  

In the newest episode there were a few funny parts, but on some others I feel like they are trying too hard.  In the rest of it, though I kinda feel like they are moving too quickly.  There isn't a lot of build up to what could be some very shocking moments.

I still need to watch this week's episode, but to comment here, it's the nature of what happened with the first book.  It was a one off.  It wasn't extended to a full series till recently, so this book and last book comprise season 1.  They may fix it next season.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't know that I'd call it unhinged. She's always been someone who acts before she thinks. I think that is the case here. She figured that the judge put her father in jail, so he can get him out. And what better way to ensure cooperation than a threat? (Obviously, there are a lot, but that's an easy way to attempt it).

And it is important to note that this "public servant" was corrupt, and had sent her father to prison because he was ordered to by Unalaq. There was no fair trial, and this was a mockery of a judicial system... and he was from the North, the soldiers of which had basically become an occupying force by this point.

She's been reckless, but this, well, it feels like the kind of thing i'm doing in KOTOR II while i'm trying to play Dark Side. Batman tactics like that do not befit a person that is meant to symbolize earthly and cosmic balance.

Now, if the show did more to show that maybe what she's doing isn't justified (much like how Katara's attempt at vengeance was condemned by the show during The Southern Raiders), I would feel a little better about it. I could feel better retroactively if her conduct is called out later on, too.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

She's been reckless, but this, well, it feels like the kind of thing i'm doing in KOTOR II while i'm trying to play Dark Side. Batman tactics like that do not befit a person that is meant to symbolize earthly and cosmic balance.

Now, if the show did more to show that maybe what she's doing isn't justified (much like how Katara's attempt at vengeance was condemned by the show during The Southern Raiders), I would feel a little better about it. I could feel better retroactively if her conduct is called out later on, too.

That's fair. I think it does show that she has a lot to learn about being the avatar. Though I doubt her conduct will be mentioned later, I hope that we will see a progression through the rest of the series towards overcoming her bullheadedness and becoming a more mature and calm leader. If nothing else, there is great potential for character growth.

(Also, yay for KotOR II! One of my favourites.)

Finally saw the episode. Korra letting the judge go was facepalm worthy. Disappointed that Tenzin resolved issues with his siblings so soon.

I agree to a point with the siblings, but for me it was Ikki that was the facepalm moment. Yes she was with the air bison cubs but she was WAY too calm about it. And after one conversation knew she had to come home.

Korra though is boss.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

blackmagicwolf said:
I agree to a point with the siblings, but for me it was Ikki that was the facepalm moment. Yes she was with the air bison cubs but she was WAY too calm about it. And after one conversation knew she had to come home.

Korra though is boss.

You know how it is with children; they're at each other's throats one second, and playing ball the next.  I just felt there's more development with Tenzin and his siblings.  There's a lot of backstory that I guess we're not gonna see.