By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Season 2: Discussion thread. Spoilers ahead.

Tagged games:

I'm sorry but as badly handled as it was I don't blame Mako entirely. Korra did some things that set Mako on the path.

And again, NO MAN!!!!!!

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network

I'm talking about last season, with how he handled Asami and Korra. Bitch deserves to be stuck with Eska.

I know what you meant, that's what I was talking about. Korra couldn't stand seeing Mako with Asami she told him she liked him, that put doubt in his mind even though he was happy with Asami.

If she had just stayed with Bolin (as everyone agrees she should have!) everything would have been fine.

A lot of people hate Mako, I know, but that doesn't mean he deserves a fate worse than death.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

blackmagicwolf said:
I know what you meant, that's what I was talking about. Korra couldn't stand seeing Mako with Asami she told him she liked him, that put doubt in his mind even though he was happy with Asami.

If she had just stayed with Bolin (as everyone agrees she should have!) everything would have been fine.

A lot of people hate Mako, I know, but that doesn't mean he deserves a fate worse than death.

He deserves it anyways :P.  I see your point too.  So does that mean Korra deserves a fate more worse than death?

Does anyone else think that the writing this season is being toned down?

Toned down? No, I think they're trying to expand the Korraverse with all these new characters while delivering a potentially great spirit storyline. We'll just have to see where it goes.

Korra facing everything she has so far is punishment enough, and her trials aren't over yet.

Around the Network

How can you guys blame Mako for wanting to try a chocolate after having a vanilla? :3

Really? We're going there? Ok...

The point is he was happy with Asami, then Korra kind of screwed it up, which screwed up Mako, which screwed Asami and Bolin, let's not forget about him.

It just wasn't done right. A lot of people admit it.

I'm pretty disappointed Korra didn't go full Avatar state on Mako's ass. For all the flak people give her she actually has her emotions under control pretty well. Aang would have slaughtered those sandbenders kidnapping Appa back in Season 2 hadn't Katara restrained him, Korra just kicked Mako's desk around. Hell, even Lin put up a better show when she and Tenzin broke up :P

So tonight's episode was different to be sure. Almost no Korra. I was honestly hopeful there wasn't going to be any but oh well. I'm not sure what to feel about it. Yes the Varrick reveal was good but is he a "bad guy"? I don't think so, he's just a businessman. The thing I want to know about is Unalaq and what the heck he was doing in the Spirit World.

Let me know what you think. This guy (who's quickly becoming my favorite reviewer of this show) was brutally honest on what he thought.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/10/legend-korra-sting-review/

Well... I liked the episode. First though, the animation. What the hell is going on? It's so stiff and lifeless (see, scene where Asami kisses Mako... which I also dislike). The characters have a bad tendancy to just stare at some random, awkward point when they aren't speaking. There was also some pretty terrible dialogue in this one ("Ah, my instrument!").

I actually wanted to see some Korra (don't ask why; maybe I like to torture myself). And I got some. I liked it because it hopefully means we'll get to see the Fire Sages performing their actual role, which should be a nice contrast to their reception of Aang.

No Vacation Tenzin! Lame.

Mako performed well as the star of the episode, which was great. It's so nice to see him expand his role from Korra's (ex)boyfriend. Bolin was a bit of a disappointment for the first time. Just a bit, but... well, it wasn't necessarily out of character, I just don't really want to see him obsess over Ginger and get an inflated ego over being a "star." Lin? What the hell?! I get that this is probably a really stressful time, but sheesh. The boat chase was a lot of fun. Asami... poor girl. But shame on her for kissing Mako. Writers, I hate you so much for this love triangle bullshit. Stop it.

Mako's epiphany at the end was awesome; maybe I missed something, but I didn't see it coming at all. It makes me hate the writers a little less with how Varrick is turning out to be more than just comic relief #2.

Unalaq... I look forward to learning what he's up to.

So why do I like this episode more than others? Because despite the flaws, there was some serious story development in here. The love/angst crap largely took a backseat, there was no Korra bitchiness, and the story took full control.