By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well, I've done it, I've ordered a Wii

.... I was stood in the local Woolworths today looking at the Wii display and seeing that they had it in stock, but at that point I couldn't bring myself to buy it (mainly cos they didn't have the game in stock I'd want the Wii for - Metriod Prime - I do like my FPS). I got home, rethought my decision and have just ordered the console over the net instead.

One final thought however, does owning a high end PC, plus all 3 consoles from this generation (plus a DS) make me a "hardcore" gamer or does it simply mean I have more money than sense?!

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Around the Network

It means you are rich. Can I have $100 please!? >_>;

For me hardcore means you really love playing videogames, you can play for many hours non-stop. and you can play pretty much any kind of game. But opinions obviously vary from person to person.

>, does owning a high end PC, plus all 3 consoles from this generation (plus a DS) make me a "hardcore" gamer

If you have money to burn and you enjoy games, why not? heck, if I have the money, I'd get all the consoles too.

and no, it doesn't make you a 'hardcore' gamer.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I really hate the terms hardcore and casual though. I'm a gamer, who really enjoys videogames. I do plan to play Brawl for 30 hours straight. Some may say that that may be hardcore.

Oh, and good for you Press_the_Button! I hope you'll enjoy it!

Hope you like your new console. I like it a lot.

1. Download the internet browser.

2. Insert Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zelda: Twilight Princess, or Super Mario Galaxy

3. Change underwear.

4. Enjoy. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I always put "hardcore" in "" cos I'm not sure I like the term or understand what people refer to half the time when they mention it. I like playing games, it's my main passtime when I'm not in work so I think I'll think of myself as just a gamer, not a "hardcore" gamer or "casual" gamer, simply a gamer.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about with the Wii (cos I have never played on one) and I'm really looking forward to digging out my old Gamecube games and loading them up again too - they've gathered dust for far too long.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Enjoy.
Simply gamer is a nice description. I have the same. I work so can´t game very often, but love to spend some of my spare time on it.

You´ll like your Wii. To fully enjoy the hype play Zelda, Galaxy and Resident Evil 4. Amazing games that can compete with the best games on any platform.

PS: buy Zack & Wiki

gotta get the following games in this order

Zak and Wiki
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Legend Of Zelda
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Excite Trucks
Tony Hawks Downhill Jam

And look up soon

No More Heroes