By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats wrong with parents? Eleven year old child in France gets GTA 5 and freaks out

He should be playing that LEGO spinoff, not this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''You tend to think that there is a big gap between F1 and everything else. F1 is where all the fantastic drivers are, so you just don't know how good you are until you get there''.                  

Jean Alesi

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
I was playing GTA when i was 8. I never freaked out, or had violent behavior.

There are a lot of wrong things with France, but this isn't one.

What is the rating for the game in france?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AZWification said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I played the censored versions which were on the Nintendo console at a friends house. My parents wouldn't let me even play them, so I played them at a friends house. Halo is fantasy violence, COD is an exaggeration of realistic situations. Remember that little mission in COD MW2 where the player had to play as the terrorist and shoot all of the people in the airport? LOL Kids salivated for shit like this. 

In my honest opinion, I don't remember a single moment from CoD history that I would consider "ultra violent" or "ultra gory". I really don't. On the other hand we have games like MadWorld which are all about gory violence.

Yep and look how much marketing and fanfare that had on a Nintendo console, hence why I am buying my kids Nintendo consoles first. As i said Nintendo was always the safe console and even the version of MK was bloodless on the SNES when I was younger compared to the cool blood filled Sega version. Nintendo is run by a bunch of old traditional men who know the ages of their target demographic. Sure they managed to get COD on the Wii and Wii U, but how many people bought these games on the Nintendo console? Anyway, in COD MW2 there was a mission where you played as a terrorist and massacred people in an airport and there was a disclaimer before you played it as a warning, allowing you to skip it or play along. Even activision admitted it was disturbing content.

The infamous COD MW2 scene: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaI2FRKSXwc

Now go and look up the Colombine shootings and tell me the difference. 

It wasn't THAT BAD, but I admit it was pretty poor taste. Then again, that's why CoD is popular today.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Angelus said:
Would I get my 11 year old son GTAV? No, I most certainly would not. Sure enough, I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved when I was 11 years old, and I'm not a raging psychopath (most of the time), but there's varying levels of mature content in M rated games. GTA is definitely on the more extreme side. But hey....they have to decide for themselves if that's cool for their kid.

Halo has always been rated mature, but if i was in charge of the comission I would've rated it teen. There was no cursing and it was fantasy violence, not a simulated parody of real life.

I agree, hence my comment about varying levels of actual mature content in M rated games. Halo is harmless compared to something like GTA or Witcher

AZWification said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AZWification said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I played the censored versions which were on the Nintendo console at a friends house. My parents wouldn't let me even play them, so I played them at a friends house. Halo is fantasy violence, COD is an exaggeration of realistic situations. Remember that little mission in COD MW2 where the player had to play as the terrorist and shoot all of the people in the airport? LOL Kids salivated for shit like this. 

In my honest opinion, I don't remember a single moment from CoD history that I would consider "ultra violent" or "ultra gory". I really don't. On the other hand we have games like MadWorld which are all about gory violence.

Yep and look how much marketing and fanfare that had on a Nintendo console, hence why I am buying my kids Nintendo consoles first. As i said Nintendo was always the safe console and even the version of MK was bloodless on the SNES when I was younger compared to the cool blood filled Sega version. Nintendo is run by a bunch of old traditional men who know the ages of their target demographic. Sure they managed to get COD on the Wii and Wii U, but how many people bought these games on the Nintendo console? Anyway, in COD MW2 there was a mission where you played as a terrorist and massacred people in an airport and there was a disclaimer before you played it as a warning, allowing you to skip it or play along. Even activision admitted it was disturbing content.

It wasn't THAT BAD, but I admit it was pretty poor taste. Then again, that's why CoD is popular today.

Exactly my point and kids most of the time want what they shouldn't have. They want to drive, some want to smoke and drink or do adult things before their time.

Around the Network

Can I call him an annoying, lucky little bastard?

While I might not agree with letting that kid play the game, its the parents decision and they made it.

I am just glad the store did not sell the game directly to the kid.

Also, going after the developers and publishers is stupid. They didnt sell the game to the kid, the store sold it to the parents.

Angelus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Angelus said:
Would I get my 11 year old son GTAV? No, I most certainly would not. Sure enough, I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved when I was 11 years old, and I'm not a raging psychopath (most of the time), but there's varying levels of mature content in M rated games. GTA is definitely on the more extreme side. But hey....they have to decide for themselves if that's cool for their kid.

Halo has always been rated mature, but if i was in charge of the comission I would've rated it teen. There was no cursing and it was fantasy violence, not a simulated parody of real life.

I agree, hence my comment about varying levels of actual mature content in M rated games. Halo is harmless compared to something like GTA or Witcher

Persona 4 is rated M for  fuck's sake.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AZWification said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AZWification said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Exactly my point and kids most of the time want what they shouldn't have. They want to drive, some want to smoke and drink or do adult things before their time.

There is time for everything. That's what kids should know.

Angelus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Angelus said:

I know a feminist gamer chick who hates the Witcher (I loved the hell out of it). She only plays Bioware RPG's because they let you play as females and she couldn't stand the secondary role of the female in Witcher 2 as well as them being a sexual object. I was like "Are you serious? The chick is his love interest, kind of..."lol. Of course, I cheated on the girl when she wasn't around but in the end she was right.