By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii would like to play with U

Do you think the Wii would like to play commercials were effective?

Yes 35 79.55%

No 8 18.18%

Total:43
DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:
DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:

Why doesn't Nintendo use the Wii would like to play commercials for the Wii U? 

There's already a sizable number of people who think the Wii U gamepad is just an accessory for the Wii. I don't think using the same commercials as they did for the Wii would be a very good remedy for that problem.

I see this time and again.  You must have little faith in humanity if people think it is an accessory for the Wii when it isn't even sold as an accessory right now.  Do you think people go into the store and say hey...  I want to buy that gamepad for the Wii and then discover it is only in a box marked 250 and say hey oh shit I didn't even know it was a new system.  I'll take those lost sales because those are some uniformed consumers or that is very poor marketing.  You seem to assume the average person has an IQ of 70.

No, I don't think the people who walk into the store with the intention of buying it think it's just an accessory. It's the people who have only heard the name or seen the controller who are having this issue (many of which are the type of people who bought the Wii). Even Nintendo acknowledges that this is a problem. Did you not see those ads they put up a few months ago, solely for the purpose of informing people that the Wii U wasn't just an accessory for the Wii?

You talking about this?

http://kotaku.com/5992182/nintendos-efforts-to-explain-the-wii-u-just-took-a-turn-for-the-absurd

What is the problem showing that the Wii U is better than the Wii?  I see no problem but as you can see the link obviously shows bias.  What is the problem with laying out difference between your products?  You know what the problem is with the Wii U?  The lack of system sellers.  They should of had MK or Smash lined up for this holiday season but we will see what DK and Super Mario 3D World can do. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:
DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:

There's already a sizable number of people who think the Wii U gamepad is just an accessory for the Wii. I don't think using the same commercials as they did for the Wii would be a very good remedy for that problem.

I see this time and again.  You must have little faith in humanity if people think it is an accessory for the Wii when it isn't even sold as an accessory right now.  Do you think people go into the store and say hey...  I want to buy that gamepad for the Wii and then discover it is only in a box marked 250 and say hey oh shit I didn't even know it was a new system.  I'll take those lost sales because those are some uniformed consumers or that is very poor marketing.  You seem to assume the average person has an IQ of 70.

No, I don't think the people who walk into the store with the intention of buying it think it's just an accessory. It's the people who have only heard the name or seen the controller who are having this issue (many of which are the type of people who bought the Wii). Even Nintendo acknowledges that this is a problem. Did you not see those ads they put up a few months ago, solely for the purpose of informing people that the Wii U wasn't just an accessory for the Wii?

You talking about this?

http://kotaku.com/5992182/nintendos-efforts-to-explain-the-wii-u-just-took-a-turn-for-the-absurd

What is the problem showing that the Wii U is better than the Wii?  I see no problem but as you can see the link obviously shows bias.  What is the problem with laying out difference between your products?  You know what the problem is with the Wii U?  The lack of system sellers.  They should of had MK or Smash lined up for this holiday season but we will see what DK and Super Mario 3D World can do. 

Yeah. There's also this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-some-believe-wii-u-is-just-wii-with-a-pad-for-games-6407527

Obviously games are the Wii U's biggest issue right now, but that doesn't mean this isn't a problem as well.

Kinda off topic, but as for their holiday lineup, I think they have plenty of big games. Saving MK and Smash for 2014 to avoid more droughts was the smart thing to do.

They need to stop making commercials that center around freaking kids. I know that's a demographic that Nintendo appeals to, but you make the console look like "little Bobby's first game console" when you do that and it's a total turn off to everyone else.

The Wii ads were centered more around adults using the system initially.

The system is general probably needs a redesign, it's too clumsy and toy-ish looking as is.

Soundwave said:
They need to stop making commercials that center around freaking kids. I know that's a demographic that Nintendo appeals to, but you make the console look like "little Bobby's first game console" when you do that and it's a total turn off to everyone else.

The Wii ads were centered more around adults using the system initially.

The system is general probably needs a redesign, it's too clumsy and toy-ish looking as is.

I agree with everything you said except the last line.  I think the Wii U is a sexy looking device.  Reminds me of an Apple iProduct.

sethnintendo said:
DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:

I see this time and again.  You must have little faith in humanity if people think it is an accessory for the Wii when it isn't even sold as an accessory right now.  Do you think people go into the store and say hey...  I want to buy that gamepad for the Wii and then discover it is only in a box marked 250 and say hey oh shit I didn't even know it was a new system.  I'll take those lost sales to Nintendo because they are very uniformed consumers or that is very poor marketing.  You seem to assume the average person has an IQ of 70.  Obviously, Nintendo needs better marketing.

Yeah, I am not really sure why people on gaming forums have come to the conclusion that there is somehow this huge class of people who buy videogames that are mentally retarded.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

who could possibly vote no?