By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii would like to play with U

Do you think the Wii would like to play commercials were effective?

Yes 35 79.55%

No 8 18.18%

Total:43

Why doesn't Nintendo use the Wii would like to play commercials for the Wii U? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mml7DOsBS_8

It would trump anything they have put out so far for the Wii U.  I am disappointed that they didn't continue the commercials for the Wii U.  I don't like commercials at all but I would at least like to see an effective commercials instead of some crap dub step commercial.  I wouldn't mind seeing this over that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HOMVConcM

Around the Network

Those Mario Kart commercials sold stuff.

Mensrea said:
Those Mario Kart commercials sold stuff.

Selling over 30m is pretty damn good for a game I must say.

The Wii Would Like To Play commercials were good. The Mario Kart one is kinda crappy though, reminiscent of the GameCube era, but really by that point the Wii didn't need TV marketing as word of mouth was tremendous.

Soundwave said:
The Wii Would Like To Play commercials were good. The Mario Kart one is kinda crappy though, reminiscent of the GameCube era, but really by that point the Wii didn't need TV marketing as word of mouth was tremendous.

I remember Mario Kart Wii selling out 2-3 years after release.  I even saw on Craigslist and other places people wanting to play 60-100 for a copy just to get for a kid.  Insane if you ask me...  People wait too freaking long sometimes and could have picked the game up no hassle before the holiday season.  Amazing that a 2-3 year old game can sell out of stock during peak times.

Around the Network

It probably has to do with nintendo's red ocean strategy.

fatslob-:O said:
It probably has to do with nintendo's red ocean strategy.

I prefer blue oceans.  Red tides are killers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_tide

sethnintendo said:

There's already a sizable number of people who think the Wii U gamepad is just an accessory for the Wii. I don't think using the same commercials as they did for the Wii would be a very good remedy for that problem.

DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:

There's already a sizable number of people who think the Wii U gamepad is just an accessory for the Wii. I don't think using the same commercials as they did for the Wii would be a very good remedy for that problem.

I see this time and again.  You must have little faith in humanity if people think it is an accessory for the Wii when it isn't even sold as an accessory right now.  Do you think people go into the store and say hey...  I want to buy that gamepad for the Wii and then discover it is only in a box marked 250 and say hey oh shit I didn't even know it was a new system.  I'll take those lost sales to Nintendo because they are very uniformed consumers or that is very poor marketing.  You seem to assume the average person has an IQ of 70.  Obviously, Nintendo needs better marketing.

sethnintendo said:
DucksUnlimited said:
sethnintendo said:

I see this time and again.  You must have little faith in humanity if people think it is an accessory for the Wii when it isn't even sold as an accessory right now.  Do you think people go into the store and say hey...  I want to buy that gamepad for the Wii and then discover it is only in a box marked 250 and say hey oh shit I didn't even know it was a new system.  I'll take those lost sales because those are some uniformed consumers or that is very poor marketing.  You seem to assume the average person has an IQ of 70.

No, I don't think the people who walk into the store with the intention of buying it think it's just an accessory. It's the people who have only heard the name or seen the controller who are having this issue (many of which are the type of people who bought the Wii). Even Nintendo acknowledges that this is a problem. Did you not see those ads they put up a few months ago, solely for the purpose of informing people that the Wii U wasn't just an accessory for the Wii?