By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of the 100 Best FPSs Ever - IGN

you know the list is messed up when singularity, CoD black ops. red orchestra 2, crysis 3 are all higher rated than Killzone 2

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Metroid Prime on number 12...yeah....no !

I hear ya!

I don't play many FPS games but I love Halo and Half life. Halo 3 should've placed higher

farlaff said:
orniletter said:

I hear ya!

What's wrong with that?  I love that game and I ain't big on FPS.

Goldeneye will always be the best in my eyes.

1doesnotsimply

How are DooM 2 and Quake so far down? They should both be in top 5. Quake invented the coding and technology that allows all multiplayer games after it with dedicated servers to function as we know it, every genre, not just shooters. Not to mention it is surely one of if not the best 1v1 games ever made.  It was also the first game to be played "professionally" with sponsorships and cash winnings available to public.  This list has tons of good games but the order of a lot of them seems completely random as hell. Also, while Half Life is close, Doom 1 is not only the best FPS ever, it is the best game ever period, all time.  Well, their opinion is their opinion I guess.  Also, I would have original UT and Battlefield Bad Company 2 way higher than tons of the games IGN ranked higher.

Around the Network

No UT in the top 15. Haha IGN fishing for those clicks and angry comments it seems.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
farlaff said:
orniletter said:

I hear ya!

What I meant was, it should be higher than that!

turok 2 #95 wtf ? hahahaa

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Since when has Metroid Prime been an FPS?

farlaff said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
farlaff said:
orniletter said:

I hear ya!

What I meant was, it should be higher than that!

Oh, gotcha!  I agree! How are the sequels?  I never got around to playing them.

1doesnotsimply