By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of the 100 Best FPSs Ever - IGN

FarleyMcFirefly said:
farlaff said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
farlaff said:
orniletter said:
Metroid Prime on number 12...yeah....no !

I hear ya!

What's wrong with that?  I love that game and I ain't big on FPS.

Goldeneye will always be the best in my eyes.

What I meant was, it should be higher than that!

Oh, gotcha!  I agree! How are the sequels?  I never got around to playing them.

Metroid Prime 2 was decent, not as good as Prime, but still better than some devs' best work. the WiiMote controls on Prime 3 were amazing.

Around the Network

So Fallout 3 is too RPGish to be in the list but System Shock 2 isn't.

What no Resistance game at all? Uhm..

But I'm glad Killzone is low.

Not sure if the list is mediocre or the entire FPS genre is mediocre.

I must be the only one who never enjoyed Halo: Combat Evolved, I got this and kung fu chaos with my xbox and ended up playing kung fu chaos 10 times more than Halo lol

Around the Network

No real arguments here. Overall a good list, good to see two Halo games make the top 10 and every shooter Halo made the top 100 Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 4, Halo Reach. That just shows Halo is one one of the best games of all time. (Opinion)

Just came to make sure CoD 4 scored high. I'm pleased with 5.

Halo 3 deserves much higher in my opinion.

MohammadBadir said:

Metroid Prime 2 was decent, not as good as Prime, but still better than some devs' best work. the WiiMote controls on Prime 3 were amazing.

That is debatable, some like it because it is even darker, even more hopeless and twisted than Prime 1

...yes, I didn´t have the WOW factor of the first Prime...but the A Link to the past second world mechanic was something else

absolutely shocking list

I get the impression this list was made to cause rage. OSDT ahead of Halo 3? Killzone 3 on the list but not Killzone 2? Other great FPS series excluded entirely?

Surrrre :P