By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft respond to the EDGE article

AZWification said:

Why won't MS just shut up?

For the same reason Sony will not shut up about having the most powerful console or Nintendo for having the better games etc.  They all want your money.  One thing is evident is that on paper the X1 does not compete with the PS4 so its up to MS to actually show that the games when compared side by side do not represent the gap that the general specs are representing.  Its in MS best intererest to get the word out now so when the games come and there is no difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd party games then they can come back and toute their system efficiency.  Now if MS cannot demostrate that the specs doesn't matter and there is a real and clear advantage whether its eye candy or performance, then MS probably has dung themselves a whole.  Eiher way, talk is cheap so lets see these games in action.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
AZWification said:

For the same reason Sony will not shut up about having the most powerful console or Nintendo for having the better games etc.  They all want your money.  One thing is evident is that on paper the X1 does not compete with the PS4 so its up to MS to actually show that the games when compared side by side do not represent the gap that the general specs are representing.  Its in MS best intererest to get the word out now so when the games come and there is no difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd party games then they can come back and toute their system efficiency.  Now if MS cannot demostrate that the specs doesn't matter and there is a real and clear advantage whether its eye candy or performance, then MS probably has dung themselves a whole.  Eiher way, talk is cheap so lets see these games in action.

Except that MS talk about being about equal daily and Sony/Ninty talk about their advantage montlhy and mostly when asked not on forums... but I understand the need of MS to do that, but is seems that they harm themselves more than help, and for the Xbox fans I don't desire that system are about equal, but that the games are enjoyable to them, because that is what matters.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Do people here not understand the difference between PS4/xbone is bigger than the PS360 ? I'm baffled as to why people keep chanting that there won't be a difference in image quality or performance.

CGI-Quality said:
fatslob-:O said:
Do people here not understand the difference between PS4/xbone is bigger than the PS360 ? I'm baffled as to why people keep chanting that there won't be a difference in image quality or performance.

You almost can't blame them, since most multiplatform titles won't have big enough differences for things to feel like one tops the other. However, like last time, the exclusives will tell the real story.

It's still noticeable compared to ps360 multiplatform titles and I know the differences won't be that big to the point that they will have alot of discrepancies but none the less it should be more noticeable and pronounced this time around compared to last generation.

CGI-Quality said:
fatslob-:O said:

You almost can't blame them, since most multiplatform titles won't have big enough differences for things to feel like one tops the other. However, like last time, the exclusives will tell the real story.

Price point matters to. If the multiplatform stuff matters, the system that gets the most of them, and is priced the least, stands the best chance of getting the most sales.  As it is now, that is the PS4.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

Zune vs. any Walkman

RROD vs. YLOD

Surface RT vs. Xperia Tablet

Surface Pro vs. Vaio Duo/Vaio Pro

Just what came to mind right now. Also, the DualShock 3 is superior to the XBox Gamepad from a technical view. You can argue that Xbox suits yourself better, but Dualshock has Bluetooth, built-in battery, analog buttons and it is more precise. You can check the latter with a pc.

Thanks. I was looking for gaming stuff only, but in fairness I wasn't exactly clear about that, huh? I do have to add that I'm not exactly convinced by this list, though.

badgenome said:
noname2200 said:

Not looking to start anything here, but: name them please

Flower.

We're talking about the hardware divisions, not sedative development. If the topic changes though, I'll concede the point.

JimmyDanger said:
I think it's more relevant to consider whether the PS4 is easier to code for than XboxOne.

One uses DirectX - essentially it's own platform that scales to thousands of possible system configurations.

One uses a proprietary language.

In some ways it would be like comparing PC development to Linux.

Guess we'll see how it turns out. But based on over a decade of solid development support for their platform - I wouldn't be too worried about MS' position.

API's are not languages.

Being scalable is not what we want with consoles, direct to metal API thats not having to waste time thinking about scaling is whats wanted. 

Its nothing like comparing PC and linux deving, there both done in windows. 

Stop embaressing yourself. 

DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:
AZWification said:

Except that MS talk about being about equal daily and Sony/Ninty talk about their advantage montlhy and mostly when asked not on forums... but I understand the need of MS to do that, but is seems that they harm themselves more than help, and for the Xbox fans I don't desire that system are about equal, but that the games are enjoyable to them, because that is what matters.

I am not sure about this daily part you are talking about. It was a post on Gaf which was then tweeted by Larry.  If this is what you call daily then I am not sure how you measure such things.  I will say the issues have been discussed in the forums alot but thats different.  There is no harm because the people that buy the bulk of these consoles do not read tweets or go to Gaf for info.  When all is said and done it will be the same thing that always define a generation, The games.  

Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:
AZWification said:

I am not sure about this daily part you are talking about. It was a post on Gaf which was then tweeted by Larry.  If this is what you call daily then I am not sure how you measure such things.  I will say the issues have been discussed in the forums alot but thats different.  There is no harm because the people that buy the bulk of these consoles do not read tweets or go to Gaf for info.  When all is said and done it will be the same thing that always define a generation, The games.  

Are you sure you don't see Daily reports on MS rumours about how much better it secretly is and after Sept 21 we will now it all, or Penelo PR stunts and everything else?? Everyday there is a new new and a new thread here about it... be honest about it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:
AZWification said:

Are you sure you don't see Daily reports on MS rumours about how much better it secretly is and after Sept 21 we will now it all, or Penelo PR stunts and everything else?? Everyday there is a new new and a new thread here about it... be honest about it.

I thought you were talking about MS official statements not a bunch of forum post and threads on this or other sites.  If anything thats probably good for MS as it keeps people talking about the console.  I bolded your line and the assumption I gain from that is that you are saying that MS has talked about their hardware in comparision with the PS4.  I only remember this one Gaf post on the subject.