By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft respond to the EDGE article

“Ten years ago, you could argue that a console’s power was summed up in terms of a few of its specs, but Xbox One is designed as a powerful machine to deliver the best blockbuster games today and for the next decade.

Xbox One architecture is much more complex than what any single figure can convey. It was designed with balanced performance in mind, and we think the games we continue to show running on near-final hardware demonstrate that performance. In the end, we’ll let the consoles and their games speak for themselves.”

Near final hardware? At first I thought this was old news but having followed the source it is indeed to do with the recent EDGE article. In which case, how can it be 'near final hardware' if they've already started to ship the console? They posted pictures up to prove it didn't they?

original source provided:

http://kotaku.com/report-ps4-is-50-faster-than-xbox-one-1308239556?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Just because they've started full production now and you see final units in boxes somewhere doesn't mean that anything demonstrated at public events so far has actually been running on final hardware.

complex hardware-but easy to develop???

near final hardware? maybe they refer to the clock-speed up.

I understand all that stuff about balanced hardware and blah. The thing is, I don't believe that Sonys Hardware isn't balanced. In fact, when it comes to Hardware, Sony proved time and time again that they can 1-up Microsoft pretty easily. After all, that is to be expected from one of the biggest hardware manufacturers on the planet.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Sounds like damage control to me. And yes, the games will speak for themselves, and so far, my favourite "best looking" game on consoles, in my opinion, is the new Killzone.

Forza 5 looks great too. but barely distinguishable from the previous one.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Sony proved time and time again that they can 1-up Microsoft pretty easily.

Not looking to start anything here, but: name them please

man, MS has been playing a lot of defense lately. they had some momentum building there for a while but that seems to all be gone again post gamescom.

SxyxS said:

This. Microsoft is full of shit. If MS didn't know their tech wasn't as good they wouldn't have been scrambling to catch up in power to Sony. Nice try to change the PR though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

This. Microsoft is full of shit. If MS didn't know their tech wasn't as good they wouldn't have been scrambling to catch up in power to Sony. Nice try to change the PR though.

They May be but don't worry it's still going to sell lol. I see a lot of posters that I swear I trying to get ppl to switch to their system of choice. Slick ways of saying bogus shit and all. Well it won't work ladies. This thing is going to sell a lot. 

TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

They May be but don't worry it's still going to sell lol. I see a lot of posters that I swear I trying to get ppl to switch to their system of choice. Slick ways of saying bogus shit and all. Well it won't work ladies. This thing is going to sell a lot. 

No one is going to doubt whether its going to sell. All Sony needs is a slight edge in America to sell over 100 million consoles, right? I didn't want to get into sales, but look at their PS3 sales and let them get the US to buy more consoles and Japan to increase console sales. We're talking about the power so you dont need to use the sales excuse.