By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft respond to the EDGE article

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:
complex hardware-but easy to develop???

near final hardware? maybe they refer to the clock-speed up.

This. Microsoft is full of shit. If MS didn't know their tech wasn't as good they wouldn't have been scrambling to catch up in power to Sony. Nice try to change the PR though.

They May be but don't worry it's still going to sell lol. I see a lot of posters that I swear I trying to get ppl to switch to their system of choice. Slick ways of saying bogus shit and all. Well it won't work ladies. This thing is going to sell a lot. 

No one is going to doubt whether its going to sell. All Sony needs is a slight edge in America to sell over 100 million consoles, right? I didn't want to get into sales, but look at their PS3 sales and let them get the US to buy more consoles and Japan to increase console sales.

So? Long as they make good games that people will no doubt have fun with and money. PS was horrid as far as making money this generation but still released a brand new system and fun games I heard. No matter this power difference lol it'll sell like crazy and be fun(for everyone who wants to talk bad about the system)

Around the Network

I didn't like how EDGE singled out the PS4 like it's already a generation leader. The gaming world (us) decides if the the PS4 will be a success with our money, not EDGE. They confuse facts with opinions. Going head to head with the Xbox One with the Wii U out now with a price cut, the PS4 is going to be in a fight. Most people spends their money for the holidays. January through April 2014 the consoles, it drop in sells. With so many consoles and the handhelds on the market, it's going to be a fairly tough sell.  The consoles will be competing with everything else the world makes for sells too.

M$ has a plan. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

This. Microsoft is full of shit. If MS didn't know their tech wasn't as good they wouldn't have been scrambling to catch up in power to Sony. Nice try to change the PR though.

They May be but don't worry it's still going to sell lol. I see a lot of posters that I swear I trying to get ppl to switch to their system of choice. Slick ways of saying bogus shit and all. Well it won't work ladies. This thing is going to sell a lot. 

A lot, from the gamer's perspective, yes probably it will sell enough that dev support will remain strong, and that's all anyone needs from the console they buy. But a lot from the perspective of MS and its investors, that's far from certain.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

No one is going to doubt whether its going to sell. All Sony needs is a slight edge in America to sell over 100 million consoles, right? I didn't want to get into sales, but look at their PS3 sales and let them get the US to buy more consoles and Japan to increase console sales.

So? Long as they make good games that people will no doubt have fun with and money. PS was horrid as far as making money this generation but still released a brand new system and fun games I heard. No matter this power difference lol it'll sell like crazy and be fun(for everyone who wants to talk bad about the system)

You do know the reason why MS sold well was because they stepped into Sonys marketshare and got the third parties to side with them. It's not because of first party, right? Sony has a high chance of winning this generation and they've already continued to sell the PS3 above the 360. Imagine a generation where Sony starts off differently than the PS3. Microsoft is paying everyone up the yin yang to win a perception war, not exactly reality when they have 90% the same games. If you cannot see the difference between the PS4 and the PS3 you have a serious problem with Sony as a brand. Both consoles will not sell 100 million consoles. There will be a sales difference because the market has shrunk. 

FYI

Microsoft doesn't care if the Xbox sells well, they just want to beat Sony. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

You do know the reason why MS sold well was because they stepped into Sonys marketshare and got the third parties to side with them. It's not because of first party, right? Sony has a high chance of winning this generation and they've already continued to sell the PS3 above the 360. Imagine a generation where Sony starts off differently than the PS3. Microsoft is paying everyone up the yin yang to win a perception war, not exactly reality when they have 90% the same games. If you cannot see the difference between the PS4 and the PS3 you have a serious problem with Sony as a brand. Both consoles will not sell 100 million consoles. There will be a sales difference because the market has shrunk. 

FYI

1st paragraph-couldnt you say that about the PS 1&2 regarding third party? Especially PS2? I mean they stepped into Sega and Nintendo's territory.

FYI-so you're saying that they care? What are you saying? 

binary solo said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

A lot, from the gamer's perspective, yes probably it will sell enough that dev support will remain strong, and that's all anyone needs from the console they buy. But a lot from the perspective of MS and its investors, that's far from certain.

You can say that about any product. You always want the most sells. Unless people are saying ok 90 million or whatever is enough. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

No one is going to doubt whether its going to sell. All Sony needs is a slight edge in America to sell over 100 million consoles, right? I didn't want to get into sales, but look at their PS3 sales and let them get the US to buy more consoles and Japan to increase console sales. We're talking about the power so you dont need to use the sales excuse.

Who are you ? Have you got Xbox one console or have you been working on it ? I'm sure you are full of shit 

Moderated - Kresnik.

TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:

FYI

1st paragraph-couldnt you say that about the PS 1&2 regarding third party? Especially PS2? I mean they stepped into Sega and Nintendo's territory.

FYI-so you're saying that they care? What are you saying? 

Sony amassed a massive amount of third party with more companies than even Nintendo had as third party together. No one is saying Sony wasn't out for the same thing, but MS realized what hurt them, hence why they rushed to third party support and moneyhatting timed exclusives and exclusives everywhere. The Playstation has always dabbled various games unlike Microsoft. They aren't focusing on mascots. The PS2 had great first, second and third party. Sure it didnt have huge marketing for their first party, but definitely had more classics in its first party than Microsoft for sure in that generation. Gran Turismo, God of War 1 &2, Ico, Sotc? Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Dark Cloud? Jak and Daxter? What did MS have back then for first party, Halo and Project Gotham, Forza and Fable? Basically the same three titles they walked out of third generation with as their main titles because they destroyed PGR.

MS thinks Sony is a threat to the PC market A.K. A they think they are the PC market so they are a threat to them and if they do not bow down to Microsoft they will try to take them out.

realgamer said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:

No one is going to doubt whether its going to sell. All Sony needs is a slight edge in America to sell over 100 million consoles, right? I didn't want to get into sales, but look at their PS3 sales and let them get the US to buy more consoles and Japan to increase console sales. We're talking about the power so you dont need to use the sales excuse.

Who are you ? Have you got Xbox one console or have you been working on it ? I'm sure you are full of shit 

Edge shouldn't have taken sides but they are correct, the PS4 is going to be the more powerful console for a cheaper price which means the COD, Madden, NBA 2k and yearly game fans know wich console to support in America. Sonys first party is more established and also their second party. They have a more than healthy relationship with third party. Yes, I am full of shit....sure. Whatever you want to believe.