By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo created a $100 3DS TV box, would you buy it?

the problem with vita.tv is that Sony made the normal vita even more irrelevant. People who wanna just play vita games won't buy the vita.

Around the Network

But they'll still buy Vita games... which makes it a clever move because it'll boost the userbase? and so mean more developers will be inclined to release software for it?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

It's not a very appealing product to me because I already have a 3DS and Wii U, so all my bases are covered.

Plus, you'd lose the portability of the 3DS and its unique features.

NO. by the way, people shouldn't think vitatv as a new vita model. it's a new system.

The Nintendo equivalent to a VitaTV would actually be something like this:

Wii HD (Micro)

- Miniaturized Wii chipset (perhaps emulated by ARM processors), console is tiny, no disc drive, digital download only.

- Plays Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, etc., new media centric OS.

- Uses the Wii Remote

- Download Virtual Console games and Wii games up-resed in 720p HD.

$129.99 with Wiimote (no nunchaku). I don't believe Nintendo would ship something without a controller.

Around the Network

Yes I would.

pokemon on my tv? shut up and take my money!

What would be the point of it. Why not instead make 3DS games playable through Wii U?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

A GameBoyPlayer type thing for the WiiU would do, if anything. I don't think a TV-Box would work for a dual screen handheld anyway. The WiiU however offers anything that you need to play 3DS games on a TV, which I think would be the only appeal in such a box, seeing as the 2DS will be barely more expensive than a proposed 100$ box.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!