By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo created a $100 3DS TV box, would you buy it?

No. I'd just keep playing them on the portable's own screen. I don't have some kind of preference to use a tv rather than a handheld's screen. One doesn't have any additional value to me over the other, both have their pros and cons. In fact, I've played more WiiU in off-tv mode then I played using the tv.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I seriously think the vita tv idea is going to flop and I think if Nintendo did it too it would flop. The reason why Nintendo sells handholds so well is BECAUSE people LIKE to be on the move with them. I love my 3ds and I just couldn't see myself buying a 3ds tv and if I bought it I highly doubt I would use it much.

is moving from my couch to my bed moving? if so than yes, i love to be on the move with my 3DS. Outside of those 2 places it goes nowhere else. The reason people buy Nintendo Handhelds is this-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

There are only a small handful of games I might want to play on a larger screen. Kid Icarus would be nice, but I can't imagine the controls working well on that. Street Fighter IV but that's already available on consoles... RE Revelations, but again. KH 3D if they could somehow upscale is well. And uhhhh... Hmmmm... nothing else really.

I could see it as a 40-50 buck novelty at best, but I can't see paying 100 for it.

The 3DS runs at 240p. I don't even want to imagine what that looks like on a 60" tv.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

I was quite happy playing my GBA on the big screen via the GB Player :D Did it look as good as the SNES? not really, but still, it was nice to have.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

3ds doesn't support 720p, so end of story there.

dreamcast displayed 240p untill you plugged in a vga and went up to 480p. Theoretically, the same could happen and games would look nicer. But knowing Nintendo, we'd get a ds.tv long before a 3ds.tv

Nintendo would need some emulation magic to make it work. Like 480p upscaling at the very least.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

ktay95 said:
No, 3DS visuals look atrocious when blown up. At least the Vita games will look decent.
If however they looked good, say the same as they do on the small screen i would totally purchase 1

Again.  PS1, N64, Dreamcast, and PS2 games.  These games are low quality yet they don't look atrocious on the big screen.

When playing on an HDTV, nothing SD looks very good, but in these modern times, there'd be an upscaler on something like this.  When you can no longer buy a television that isn't HD in stores, why would they release something that will look like shit on HDTVs.

Here's an upscaled picture of Front Mission 3 for the PSX.  Amazing game.  Just about any 3DS game is going to have graphics better than this.  Being blown up doesn't mean a damn thing.  I'm not talking about you, just people in general.  If graphics don't matter when defending your console, but this isn't something you'd want to play because of its graphics(gameplay I can understand if you're not into the genre,) then you're a hypocritie.   Shitty 3D graphics, better than just about every RPG released this gen.

If Nintendo did this with a good virtual console and real account system I would be down.