By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@Sqrl

They shipped at least 840K in Japan, where they have 5M customers, in USA + Europe they have 3 times as high, why wouldn't they ship 3 times as high? There has to be a reason for the delays...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Yeah Nintendo always sell well over the longer term, even the hard core games I would say lower first day sales but after a year SSBB will sell more

first week no, lifetime brawl will wipe the floor with halo

^but sseing as what SSBB did in japan it has a shot to sell so much first week

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Oyvoyvoyv said:
@Sqrl

They shipped at least 840K in Japan, where they have 5M customers, in USA + Europe they have 3 times as high, why wouldn't they ship 3 times as high? There has to be a reason for the delays...

A while back it was mentioned from Nintendo that their software production was nearly maxed all the time.  I have no doubt they have upped that cap since then (its been a few months) but it definitely seems like they are close to that cap still.

The point I am getting at is that its still very possible for them not to be able to roll out 2.4m for the US and Others regions if they are limited by production. I think the Japanese launch is very promising and definitely indicates that their is potential for them to be fully ready, but I also realise that every region they've launched in is a region they have to continue to supply and that takes away from stockpiling for the next region's launch.

I'm not saying its a certainty that they can't meet demand.  I'm just saying its a distinct possibility.  

PS - For the record I actually hope that I'm off base here.  And I hope Nintendo can produce all they need and more.   

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

i personally believe that smash bros brawl has the ability to beat halo 3. the only thing that is stopping it, is itself. if nintendo ships 2.5 million copies of brawl to america then thats how much they will sell in america. all nintendo has to do is make sure that there is enough copies are in the stores so that the game can beat halo 3.

since it gets released in america before it does in other, assuming that it does well in america, the intensity will build to see if in fact SSBB will be the number one fastest selling game off all time. and if it does then all those 360 fanboys won't be allowed to say "well the 360 has halo 3, the number one fastest selling game of all time" it will be number two.

as for the long term sales brawl will dominate halo. maybe by the end of 08. hopefully.

also, does america count as the us only or canada too?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Brawl-It appeals to a wider range of ages (10+) for brawl
and (12+) Halo
Plus the higher sales of the Wii give it an advantage b.c more ppl. will buy it b.c they have the system.

MontanaHatchet said:
First Week: No Chance

Life Time: Easily

I concur. Thats what'll happen.

Halo is the better game though.

MontanaHatchet said:

I agree for the most part.. except i'd personally change "No Chance" to "A Very Slight Chance", but i strongly doubt it will

EDIT: coolestguyever: when you get a chance, can you send me your advance copy of Smash Brothers, because i'd also love to play it before everyone else to compare it to the quality of Halo 

MontanaHatchet said:

We know SSB:B will crush Halo 3 for lifetime sales, as will other Wii 2008 world wide releases (Mario Kart, Wii Fit). But it's questionable as to whether it can do first week.  I'd say there's a chance, but a fairly narrow one.