By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SSB:B vs Halo 3

I feel like there was a thread about this already, but as I have no idea how I'd find it without taking more time than I am willing to spend, I decided I'd go ahead and bring it back up in light of SSB:B release in Japan.

First week sales for Halo 3: 3.79 million total
Japan: .06
NA: 2.84
Other: .88
Link

SSB:B First Week Sales: .84 million total (Japan only)
Japan: .84
NA: ???
Other: ???

So what do you guys think? Will SSB:B beat Halo 3 first week sales? Or are the people who buy SSB:B too casual and will result in lower first week sales? And what about total lifetime sales? What's your ending predictions for both

And fight! 

Around the Network

First Week: No Chance

Life Time: Easily

Wow, only 3.79? For some reason I thought it was something like 5 million.

Well...I was gonna guess something like 2 million for the US, and another 2 million for PAL...so I guess yeah, that would outsell Halo 3's first week.

Kinda depends on the PAL release date...if it's soon enough, it should be fine...Brawl hype might die too much if it gets pushed to fall though...but who knows.

Kinda depends on Nintendo's ability to ship mass quantities as well...if the shelves were spilling with SSBB copies, maybe they could sell 3 million in the US, I don't know.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

MontanaHatchet said:
First Week: No Chance

Life Time: Easily

And there you have it folks!

That's what I was thinking, but I don't like posting my opinion until the topic gets going.

I'm think 1.5 million to 2 million for NA, and then a million in Others, placing first week sales of about 3.6 or so. So it's close, but that's using high numbers. That and also Nintendo will ship 500k in both regions to create "hype" because SSB:B lacks serious hype, which is something that Halo 3 had... I mean they got their own mt. dew. 

BenKenobi88 said:
Wow, only 3.79? For some reason I thought it was something like 5 million.

Yeah I know what you mean. Everytime I look at that I feel like it's wrong... but unless the numbers are wrong... then well it's 3.79 first week.

Around the Network

Wait, did you just seriously say that SSBB lacks hype? Run a lap around the internet and come back.

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

^remember my thread that SSBB was the most underhyped game ever. SSBB has absolutely no hype compared to Halo 3.
First Week - Close but I'll say SSBB
LT - SSBB will crush Master Chief by more than 2 to 1

I think it'll be Halo 3 in the first week, but it'll be close. Even if it doesn't Brawl will definitely win in lifetime sales by a wide margin.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

dtekdahl00 said:
Wait, did you just seriously say that SSBB lacks hype? Run a lap around the internet and come back.

It saddens me that humor doesn't translate well on the internet. Sorry, I was joking. I kinda thought it would be obvious... but I was mistaken.

^it was obvious to me :)
hope that makes u feel better