By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Slumps After Stock Excluded From Nikkei 225

kowenicki said:
Th3PANO said:
kowenicki said:
Train wreck said:
Mr Khan said:
You're rather reaching for negative Nintendo threads, Sh1nn

How is this reaching?  You do not think a close to 10% move in a gaming stock is not post worthy?  News like this has been posted countless times since I been part of this site and only now its "reaching for negative Nintendo threads"...tisk tisk.

OT

I guess the stock was initally bid up in hope of being added to the index (early investors adding to positions before fund managers would be required to buy the stock due to the inclusion of the nikkei 225).  With the event not happening, they sold.

Also worrying is that stock has been trending downward despite all the pubic knowledge about its upcoming releases and semi new products.  I am guessing investors are more concerned about competition in the space and lower margins than "Nintendomantion" with Pokemon and Monster Hunter, who would have thunk it.

There is nothing "reaching" about it.  This is quite important news and you are right to post it.  If you hadn't, then I would have.

The markets have well and truly fallen out with Nintendo.

You know, stocks always tend to fall and rise.

You dont know what I do... do you?

Why should I know this lol

Around the Network

So are we not allowed to post negative Nintendo news now?

kowenicki said:
BluGamer23 said:
kowenicki said:
Train wreck said:
Mr Khan said:

There is nothing "reaching" about it.  This is quite important news and you are right to post it.  If you hadn't, then I would have.

The markets have well and truly fallen out with Nintendo.

"The markets have well and truly fallen out with Nintendo." .

lets try saying this again for the 999999999th time .. who knows it may just be true this time!

you dont think its true?

The Wii growth has gone.  The stock is bobbing along at the same levels as it was pre Wii boom in 2004 and 2005.... the stock is down 80% since its peak in late 2007.  But this is all lies apparently....?

Nobody says it's lying, but saying it's doom for Nintendo is naive.

kowenicki said:
Th3PANO said:
kowenicki said:
BluGamer23 said:

"The markets have well and truly fallen out with Nintendo." .

lets try saying this again for the 999999999th time .. who knows it may just be true this time!

you dont think its true?

The Wii growth has gone.  The stock is bobbing along at the same levels as it was pre Wii boom in 2004 and 2005.... the stock is down 80% since its peak in late 2007.  But this is all lies apparently....?

Nobody says it's lying, but saying it's doom for Nintendo is naive.

Who said its doom?

A lot of people actually do right now cause of this news.

Mr Khan said:

You don't deserve to be a mod, you banned me one day before for making normal comments. You obviously are a huge nintendo fanboy, any negative opinions made against Nintendo you take offense to; hence, you don't deserve to be a mod. 

Go ahead, ban me. It'll show that you can't take any criticism and further strengthen the case you don't deserve to moderate a forum. 

~ Mod Edit ~

User was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
Mr Khan said:

You don't deserve to be a mod, you banned me one day before for making normal comments. You obviously are a huge nintendo fanboy, any negative opinions made against Nintendo you take offense to; hence, you don't deserve to be a mod. 

Go ahead, ban me. It'll show that you can't take any criticism and further strengthen the case you don't deserve to moderate a forum. 

Actually, the forum rules say you can't bash a mod's mod ability in a general discussion like this, so if you are banned all it would show is you broke the rules.

:-O truckOsaurus, are you secretly a Nintendo fanboy to?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Its worth noting that their stock had an unexpected jump because of reports they were being included in Nikkei.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

It's sad watching the company of my youth slowly decay but, times change. Nothing lasts forever.

So speculation about events unrelated to actual performance made their stock go way up, and the failure of said event unrelated to actual performance has caused it to go down. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the world of modern stocks. No wonder Pachter's analysis is shit: he's working in a world where the rules are divorced from reality.