By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Slumps After Stock Excluded From Nikkei 225

Th3PANO said:
NobleTeam360 said:
People migrating to social media and mobile phones to get their gaming fix shouldn't be an excuse considering the fact that PS4 has over 1 million pre orders and Xbox One has 350,000 in the US alone (VGChartz figures for Xbox One).

You know, PS3 had also 1 million pre orders and that in an even shorter time. Pre orders mean sh*t.

That isn't true.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Th3PANO said:
NobleTeam360 said:
People migrating to social media and mobile phones to get their gaming fix shouldn't be an excuse considering the fact that PS4 has over 1 million pre orders and Xbox One has 350,000 in the US alone (VGChartz figures for Xbox One).

You know, PS3 had also 1 million pre orders and that in an even shorter time. Pre orders mean sh*t.

Sure pre oders mean nothing in the long run, but I doubt the PS4 or Xbox One will fall to where the Wii U is at currently. Especially considering that 2014 for both consoles already have tons of games announced for them. 

At $500 for entry and with most of its games available elsewhere - including on its predecessor - I could see XBOne sales being even lower than Wii U at some point next year.  PS4 less likely, but not impossible.

Captain_Tom said:
RolStoppable said:
Captain_Tom said:
Roma said:
If I knew how to handle stock I would have bought some Nintendo stock as I see them rising a lot in the coming moths

This baffles my mind.  You think they are about to do even better even though that is when they will actually have competition?!

Of course Nintendo will do better then, because the competition will face a real life evaluation instead of an imaginative one.

The only imaginating going on here is you and others who think harder competition will increase Wii U sales.  Then again, you thought SSBB would outsell GTAIV so figures...

People will see Wii U's value after the console transition. $300 + Game vs $400 vs $500 + Game doesn't look so bad if you think about it. Also, the time PS4 and Xbox are launching Wii U will have new and important titles ready. It WILL sell better then now.

TheLastStarFighter said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Th3PANO said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Sure pre oders mean nothing in the long run, but I doubt the PS4 or Xbox One will fall to where the Wii U is at currently. Especially considering that 2014 for both consoles already have tons of games announced for them. 

At $500 for entry and with most of its games available elsewhere - including on its predecessor - I could see XBOne sales being even lower than Wii U at some point next year.  PS4 less likely, but not impossible.

Very doubtful One will go that low, PS4? Neveeeeer going to happen, it's not even plausible.

Stop looking at the price tag and start paying attention to value and demand/interest.

Captain_Tom said:
Th3PANO said:
NobleTeam360 said:

That isn't true.

This article says otherwise http://gengame.net/2013/08/lest-we-forget-ps3-hit-1-million-pre-orders-too/

Around the Network
Seece said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Th3PANO said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Very doubtful One will go that low, PS4? Neveeeeer going to happen, it's not even plausible.

Stop looking at the price tag and start paying attention to value and demand/interest.

Why would one not consider price?  It's a key part of the "value" word you are using.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Seece said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Th3PANO said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Why would one not consider price?  It's a key part of the "value" word you are using.

Yes and they're both (PS4 more so) perceived to be worth their price. Exactly how Wii could have debuted at $399 and it would still have sold gangbusters.

Seece said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Yes and they're both (PS4 more so) perceived to be worth their price. Exactly how Wii could have debuted at $399 and it would still have sold gangbusters.

You perceive them to be worth their price.  I don't perceive them to be worth it at all, and I think many will agree.  I'm a 360 owner.  I can play essentially everything XBOne has on my 360.  The only new experiences offered of any relevance are Forza 5, Ryse and Killer Instinct.  Maybe Kinect Sports: Rivals.  The most-hyped title of the first 6 months of XBOne is Titanfall, and again, I can get that on my 360.  That exclusive list is even worse than NSMBU, NintendoLand and ZombiU.  And at $200 more than Wii U, only the most hardcore fans will be jumping on XBOne, and they will buy at launch.  Even worse than Wii U, XBOne has the $100 cheaper PS4 offering a similar if not better experience and Wii U at $200 cheaper and offering many of the same games and bunch of exclusive titles.  I could see XBOne sales being dismal in the new year unless there is a price drop.

PS4 I think will do "OK", but it's not completely unrealistic to say its sales may be poor post-launch.  We really need to see how the market responds to new systems.  PS360 are still well supported and there are more entertainment options than ever out there.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Seece said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

You perceive them to be worth their price.  I don't perceive them to be worth it at all, and I think many will agree.  I'm a 360 owner.  I can play essentially everything XBOne has on my 360.  The only new experiences offered of any relevance are Forza 5, Ryse and Killer Instinct.  Maybe Kinect Sports: Rivals.  The most-hyped title of the first 6 months of XBOne is Titanfall, and again, I can get that on my 360.  That exclusive list is even worse than NSMBU, NintendoLand and ZombiU.  And at $200 more than Wii U, only the most hardcore fans will be jumping on XBOne, and they will buy at launch.  Even worse than Wii U, XBOne has the $100 cheaper PS4 offering a similar if not better experience and Wii U at $200 cheaper and offering many of the same games and bunch of exclusive titles.  I could see XBOne sales being dismal in the new year unless there is a price drop.

PS4 I think will do "OK", but it's not completely unrealistic to say its sales may be poor post-launch.  We really need to see how the market responds to new systems.  PS360 are still well supported and there are more entertainment options than ever out there.

Well no you can't, you can't play Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon or Peggle 2 on anything else and that's launch day alone.

I'm sure many do agree with you, but I'm 99% certain more disagree than what have been buying Wiiu's, the X1 and PS4 both have clear target audiences, so just like 360 and PS3 did they won't flounder because they have people willing to put down the cash. You're overthinking the price, if something is hot, popular and has appeal it'll do well at a premium price over cheaper competitors, just look at the smart phone industry.

WiiU doesn't have a clear target demo which is exactly one of the reasons it's in the state it is. The Xbox One isn't going to be struggling with 30k sales a week when the likes of Titanfall (yes I know it's multi, it'll still do 1m+ on X1 in a matter of weeks) and all the other games coming out.

And yes it is unreasonable for you to say that, PS3 never went below 70k in US at any point, despite being $600 and going against a cheaper, popular 360.

Sorry but Xbox One and PS4 are not getting near WiiU levels.

I'm thinking this should head down to the ~8000 yen mark soon.  Not sure what that translates to US Dollars.