By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Slumps After Stock Excluded From Nikkei 225

I blame the Vita TV

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
So speculation about events unrelated to actual performance made their stock go way up, and the failure of said event unrelated to actual performance has caused it to go down. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the world of modern stocks. No wonder Pachter's analysis is shit: he's working in a world where the rules are divorced from reality.

Im sure if stock trading/investing and all that goes with it was that one dimensional, there would be a lot more rich people in the world.  Im sure the stocks decline, against a backdrop of a ~3% rise in the overall market in Japan has a little bit more than just people going in an out of positions from an event that did not materialize.

Train wreck said:

Im sure the stocks decline, against a backdrop of a ~3% rise in the overall market in Japan has a little bit more than just people going in an out of positions from an event that did not materialize.

Go on, I'm listening.

noname2200 said:
Train wreck said:

Im sure the stocks decline, against a backdrop of a ~3% rise in the overall market in Japan has a little bit more than just people going in an out of positions from an event that did not materialize.

Go on, I'm listening.

Nice try.

It's a hit and run train.

kowenicki said:
BluGamer23 said:
kowenicki said:
Train wreck said:
Mr Khan said:
You're rather reaching for negative Nintendo threads, Sh1nn

There is nothing "reaching" about it.  This is quite important news and you are right to post it.  If you hadn't, then I would have.

The markets have well and truly fallen out with Nintendo.

"The markets have well and truly fallen out with Nintendo." .

lets try saying this again for the 999999999th time .. who knows it may just be true this time!

you dont think its true?

The Wii growth has gone.  The stock is bobbing along at the same levels as it was pre Wii boom in 2004 and 2005.... the stock is down 80% since its peak in late 2007.  But this is all lies apparently....?

Sony is also down 85% since the early 2000 :P

Nintendo stock is extremely volatile though and you know that too. There is hardly any volume on Osaka however once bad news hits, the stock tanks like there is no tomorrow.  What interests me is what their forecast is as of right now. I think they are waiting until Pokemon hits and see how the momemtum goes before they release their revised forecast. It'll be interesting

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Train wreck said:

Go on, I'm listening.

News surfaced just last monday of the possibility of Nintendo joining the N225 during its annual review, and shares went up ~3.9% that day but the stock was hovering well above Y11,000 (~Y11,300 but trending downward, especially since the new conference almost two weeks ago)

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-shares-rise-expectations-joining-nikkei-225/

The selling today to bring it ~4% below the average it was trading before the rumors even hit tell me there more to the selling that just investors who had a position and left it.

morenoingrato said:
noname2200 said:
Train wreck said:

Go on, I'm listening.

Nice try.

It's a hit and run train.

I see you are continuing the theme of going into threads and offering zero input. It seems that all the Nintendo doom threads are starting to take its toll, your condescending tone isn't even funny anymore.

The silver lining here is that Nintendo is not dependant on the value of its shares for funding. I suspect it also has a limited impact on employee retention.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

prayformojo said:

It's sad watching the company of my youth slowly decay but, times change. Nothing lasts forever.

considering how universally negative you are in every single Nintendo related thread, not much

Eh, the stock price will jump again once Pokemon hits the streets and does like 2 million in a weekend or something.

It is difficult to take the article seriously when it is reusing tired lines like tablet/smartphones as legit sources for Nintendo's issues.