By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Poland: Wii U Sales Are 350 Units In 9 Months

Reading the polygamia site (using Google's translate unfortunately) it appears that Wii U has sold 1-2k LTD in Poland, based on GfK tracking data and an interview with a large polish retailer. Apparently 360 and PS3 have been averaging 100k a year in sames, so even 1-2k is pretty pathetic.

Around the Network

Huh, not that great then. I wonder if PS4 and XONE will do better, and by how much?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sony and MS are going to make more than that at their launches in Poland, i'm sure. Thats pretty bad.

Undrey said:
Wow :(.
Especially: "Polygamia also notes that twice as many people purchase a PS3 or 360………in just 3 days"

Holy shit. At first I thought it's meaningless/insignificant without knowing what the others sell. 

So PS360 sales around 100k a year in Poland and WiiU manages around 350 in 9 months.....Speechless.

Around the Network

Yeah, I dont believe that.

Lol! That's just sad!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm one of Polish Wii U owners and I must explain something.

1. While Sony and Msoft DO HAVE official branches in our country, Nintendo doesn't have one, and the games were distributed by Lucas Toys and later by Stadlbuer. Lucas Toys gave us VERY high prices and opened boxes, Stadlbauer was a bit better, even tried to promote 3DS/Wii in Poland, but failed and quickly  lost interest in our market, as a result of that WE DON'T HAVE NINTENDO GAMES in shops. We usually buy then via internet shops, mainly British ones.

2. In this article from Polygamia, Marcin Kosowski, author of the text noted, that he contacted Ultima.pl, biggest internet-gaming shop in Poland. They said, that they sold a couple hundred Wii U consoles over this 9 months, and they predict that there are about 2k Wii Us sold in Polish shops. Plus as I noted before, many Poles buy consoles + games on Amazon, that has A LOT LOWER PRICES (games are sometimes 2 times cheaper) and free shipping to Poland.

3. Nintendo pretty much doesn't exist in Poland. While the Gamyboy was popular, now in Poland there are about 3 Vita's per 1 3DS. Seriously. Magazines don't review Ninny games (and if they do sometimes the notes are horrible), Sony (which is the most popular here) is belived to be the inventors of Motion Control. I travel a lot and yet I haven't ever streetpassed in Poland. That's just pathetic. When the RE:Revelations HD was released, some called it "brand new Resident Evil game". In major shops there are PSVita, X360 and PS3 test consoles on which you can play demo games, however there are no Wii's.

EDIT: Soz for all grammar mistakes, I

Not surprised, Nintendo is more obscure here than Xbox is in Japan, there are a lot of jokes about people buying Nintendo products here even on respected gaming sites.
I blame two things, well three if you want to blame Obama. No nostalgia factor, no NES, SNES oficially here, just Russian fakes like Pegasus. There were GameBoys, but very few people thought about it as Nintendo GameBoy, just GameBoy. And then came PlayStation and the rest is history.
Second thing is, Nintendo doesn't give two shits about Poland, there's even no Nintendo Poland (that's one popular joke about that) everything regarding Nintendo hardware and software is outsourced to a company that clearly isn't doing a good job, can't recall the name Stadtbauer or something, I think the company was changed recently. Vita (yes that Vita) outsold lifetime 3DS sales in Poland in it's first day or week can't remember, on the market, that's how bad it is.

Plus Poland is still mostly PC oriented. PlayStation gained some mind and market share, after PS2 got a reasonable price (around 750€ equivalent at launch) cause both PS2 and PSP were easy to hack, that's also why X360 is quite popular here, cheaper than PS3 and easily hacked, sad but true.

But clearly SCE Poland found success in our market. Every first party title has full dubbing, often with our local celebrities, actors etc. And there are a lot of commercials (TV, cinemas) when a big game launches or during the holidays.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Carl2291 said:
Yeah, I dont believe that.

It does seem pretty hard to digest, I agree. Unless there's been literally no stock.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.