By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Poland: Wii U Sales Are 350 Units In 9 Months

Well, that's still 350 units more than what Xbox One will sell in Poland this year!

;)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Well, that's still 350 units more than what Xbox One will sell in Poland this year!

;)

Officially yes... But people will buy a lot more imported consoles, x360 has a strong fanbase here. First it was due to piracy, then due to Kinect which moved a LOT of consoles. Our hardcore gamers magazine PSX Extreme mentioned a few times that all those games like Battlefield, CoD, Gears of War or Uncharted sold quite good but it was Kinect software that really kicked ass in sales.

funny and sad if true.

justinian said:
GamechaserBE said:
Nintendo doesn't have a dealer in Poland ^^'.

This is true. But Poland matters. 40m people and counting in a fast growing economy cannot be sniffed at. Many western Europeans are migrating there.

It's an EU country, there should be a dealer there.

To grow you need to expand. I am not telling Nintendo how to run their bussiness, they have been doing it for over a hundred years but sometimes I wonder ...

I miss Wroclaw but there is definitely no 40m people in Poland...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

This is a misintrepretation... I am sure of it. They don't have a distributor there so where do they take the numbers from? Here in my country they haven't started to sell the Wii U on major retailers... In fact they started selling the Xbox 360 just a couple of years on major retailers...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Huh, not that great then. I wonder if PS4 and XONE will do better, and by how much?

PS4 will probably sell more than that in its first 30 minutes of availability.

I'm surprised.

saicho said:
justinian said:
GamechaserBE said:

This is true. But Poland matters. 40m people and counting in a fast growing economy cannot be sniffed at. Many western Europeans are migrating there.

To grow you need to expand. I am not telling Nintendo how to run their bussiness, they have been doing it for over a hundred years but sometimes I wonder ...

I miss Wroclaw but there is definitely no 40m people in Poland...

According to the US Dept of State they were over 38.5m people in Poland in 2012. It has a high migration percentage. So I rounded it up to 40m. Do you want me to give an exact figure?

Arinald said:
justinian said:
GamechaserBE said:

While Sony can sell TVs and Microsoft PCs in Poland which are for sure gonna sell well beacuse pretty much everyone need it, Ninny has only games, which are also underrated here beacuse of the graphics. Even if they managed to get a dealer here they'd need to invest a lot of money with a very high risk that it won't ever come back to them (best selling game in Poland: Battlefield 3 - 100k. 100K! It's pretty much pathetic).

@Zappy, according to Polygamia, Wii sold 10 times better during those 9 months.

Yeah. You have a good point. I still think the potential is there for Poland to become a medium size player.

KingofTrolls said:
eFKac said:

Bez przesady, wiekszosc duzych sklepow z elektronika ma z jeden, dwa egzemplarze, podobnie salony z grami. Pewnie jeszcze niesprzedane z premiery :D

Hehe, teraz znajdz idiote który kupi Wii U xD Wszyscy czekaja na PS4, koniec kropka.

So you say WiiU owners are idiots?

Because thats what "find an idiot who buys a WiiU. We are waiting for the PS4 means" at least to me.    (Next time translate this yourself please)

Dziekuje bardzo (thanks alot)