By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Batman relevance argument.

The Fury said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:
Marvel is better!

Boom, I said it.

DC owns them in movies and animated film, but I'll give the comic portion to Marvel because of the vast amount of successful characters compared to DC.

While TV animation I agree with, Film? What are we using as base? 'Dark Knight' only or is everything else included? Because Spiderman 3 is better than all other recently DC films.

That said, yes Marvel do have successful character but at the moment, the writers have no idea what they are doing with them, Bendis X-men is nigh on drivel. He can't write X-men to save his life. And Hickman Avengers, he's trying to make them the Justice League of Marvel and it's just silly, Avengers as meant to have a sense of humanity about them as there's noen of that in it at all. Thank god for Brian Wood.

On topic, yeah, having conversations over who would win in fights between comic characters is one I put up with as well, to keep people happy I usually say 'Batman always wins.' 

Michael Keatons Batman, Christopher reeves Superman (except 3), Nolan trilogy, Watchmen (DC affiliated), Man of Steel. V For Vendetta was DC affiliated, Legend of Extrodinary Gentleman. I dunno, thats just me.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:

While TV animation I agree with, Film? What are we using as base? 'Dark Knight' only or is everything else included? Because Spiderman 3 is better than all other recently DC films.

That said, yes Marvel do have successful character but at the moment, the writers have no idea what they are doing with them, Bendis X-men is nigh on drivel. He can't write X-men to save his life. And Hickman Avengers, he's trying to make them the Justice League of Marvel and it's just silly, Avengers as meant to have a sense of humanity about them as there's noen of that in it at all. Thank god for Brian Wood.

On topic, yeah, having conversations over who would win in fights between comic characters is one I put up with as well, to keep people happy I usually say 'Batman always wins.' 

Michael Keatons Batman, Christopher reeves Superman (except 3), Nolan trilogy, Watchmen (DC affiliated), Man of Steel. V For Vendetta was DC affiliated, Legend of Extrodinary Gentleman. I dunno, thats just me.

Superman 2, okay. Watchmen, definitely is great. Wasn't fussed on V adaption but then I'm thinking main DCU not imprints. In terms of recent works Marvel has been more successful. But then I guess for every Green Lantern, there is an Elektra.

Hmm, pie.

You don't need anyone but Superman. Ditto for the Avengers, half of them are useless when you have The Hulk and Thor.

Soundwave said:
You don't need anyone but Superman. Ditto for the Avengers, half of them are useless when you have The Hulk and Thor.

Yeah, the Avengers battle was pretty much Thor all thor and Hulk. Even the thor could've taken the bomb out of the atmosphere just as fast or faster than Iron Man.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah, the Avengers battle was pretty much Thor all thor and Hulk. Even the thor could've taken the bomb out of the atmosphere just as fast or faster than Iron Man.

Well one guy is a living god with a hammer that destroys pretty much everything and the Hulk is pretty much invincible and the strongest thing in the (Marvel) universe.

You don't need some doofus in a robot suit or a guy who ... throws a shield (not even going to mention Mr. Arrows).

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Well one guy is a living god with a hammer that destroys pretty much everything and the Hulk is pretty much invincible and the strongest thing in the (Marvel) universe.

You don't need some doofus in a robot suit or a guy who ... throws a shield (not even going to mention Mr. Arrows).

Yep. In the same way if you watched the animated series, Superman is severely dumbed down to make room for the powers of all the other superheroes. I've seen giant vines hold him down. I called bullshit everytime. I have to ask where his laser eye vision or super strength went. Hell, he could freeze the plant grip with his breath and break it in half.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SnakeDrake said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He's not the only rich and brilliant guy in town. I would wager than he's the smartest human man in the DC universe. His plots for killing Superman pale everything Batman has ever planned. If that man had unlimited power, he'd be one of the most dangerous men in the known DC universe.

Ah....................... I thought we were arugeing about batman's relevance to the JLA. To which we reply Batman is the only member with a lot of money to help finance the JLA. To which you reply with just "Lex Luthour" making us think the he would help finance the JLA which is totally crazy given his character. And now you want to arugue that Lex Luthour can kill superman better then batman?!.  

I am still with the topic, I was just responding Kasz stating that nobody else can afford the space station or the halls of Justice. Lex Luthor can't stand aliens or anything superior to himself, which is why he cannot stand Superman or any super being, really. If he wanted to, he could fund the things needed to help keep the JLA run though. My point still stands that the JLA cases could easily be solved without Batman. As I said to someone else before, theres already a detective in the group, who just so happens to be a forensic scientist, battle tacticians, interrogator, tech support and shapreshifter for infiltration. Everything Batman has ever done, they've done with ease.

Lex Luthor didn't need to touch Superman, he made him poison himself to death with sun energy. LOL The guy is a f'n evil genius. He figured out the chemistry of Supermans genetic makeup and came up with a way to recreate him. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is. Batman is tame compared.

Who?  J'onn J'onzz!?  You humans are going to learn to quit putting your faith in these aliens who are the last of their kind.  When they turn on you and start taking over the world, what are you going to do?  Come running to Batman to save your ass, that's what! But don't worry.  Batman already has that covered.

Batman had a plan to turn Superman's skin invisible with modified Kryptonite and also drive Superman crazy with sun energy! Read Tower of Babel (which the animated film Justice League Doom was adapted from).  Batman has EVERYONE'S number. 

Plus, he's not the smartest guy in the DCU.  Guys like Mr. Terrific are smarter.  Batman's in everybody's head.  There are guys that could take him down in seconds but they're not going to try because they doubt.  In their mind, Batman has already won.  Batman is like a man in a cage with a lion.  He's got everyone trained.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Soundwave said:

Yep. In the same way if you watched the animated series, Superman is severely dumbed down to make room for the powers of all the other superheroes. I've seen giant vines hold him down. I called bullshit everytime. I have to ask where his laser eye vision or super strength went. Hell, he could freeze the plant grip with his breath and break it in half.

I think what many writers in whatever form try and protray is that Superman while heroic, still lacks judgement on situations at times, he doesn't think as Batman would. Because of his powers he is reckless.

Hulk cannot be relied on, Thor is not human and is immortal so his actions are reckless but even then throwing your hammer at something doesn't save people. Hulk doesn't fit with the Avengers for years, only because of the film is he back in the Avengers, and even then that is Bruce Banner.

What you said here is why I don't like an almighty 'Superman' in the Avengers, it's because they don't fit, Sentry didn't fit and neither does Hyperion. Even the Justice League seems silly at times with Superman in it but this has been shown time and again by Superman's differing powers in whatever medium. Although, I haven't really read anything in DCU since the 'reset'.

Hmm, pie.

attaboy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Who?  J'onn J'onzz!?  You humans are going to learn to quit putting your faith in these aliens who are the last of their kind.  When they turn on you and start taking over the world, what are you going to do?  Come running to Batman to save your ass, that's what! But don't worry.  Batman already has that covered.

Batman had a plan to turn Superman's skin invisible with modified Kryptonite and also drive Superman crazy with sun energy! Read Tower of Babel (which the animated film Justice League Doom was adapted from).  Batman has EVERYONE'S number. 

Plus, he's not the smartest guy in the DCU.  Guys like Mr. Terrific are smarter.  Batman's in everybody's head.  There are guys that could take him down in seconds but they're not going to try because they doubt.  In their mind, Batman has already won.  Batman is like a man in a cage with a lion.  He's got everyone trained.

Batman doesnt even trust most humans. Aliens have it pretty bad.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)