By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Batman relevance argument.

Kasz216 said:
Here is the thing about Superman. At the height of his portrayals he can hear a heartbeat across the globe and lobotmize people on earth from Space.

If Superman and Batman were to decide that they MUST kill each other immediately at the same time. Batman would have zero chance in a fight.

Batman, with enough planning in a onesided encounter could win, but even then... it's not assured.

As for Batman in the Justice League. There are plenty of arguements to be made for him there. The most expedient one? Dollar Dollar bills.

Nobody else can really afford to be building halls of justice, space stations, satellites and other crap like that... at least not without becoming indebted to a government agency.

Lex Luthor?

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Batman is so damn annoying. I like batman, but I hate him because of how bad his fans are.

Also I hate how other characters get treated when Batman gets involved. They all get dumbed down and nerfed huge. They go from a single punch nearly KO'ing superman to just making batman fly backwards a bit. They go from being supergeniuses to being outsmarted by whatever batman thinks up. They go from taking superman's punches to getting blasted super far away by a gadget of batmans.

It's just annoying how writers don't seem to be able to keep characters intact when dealing with Batman. Basically any batman comic/movie/ect any villian that isn't a Batman only villian you can hardly recognize. THey dont' act, think, are weaker, ect than you know them from their ORIGINAL comics.

Lets not forget that when facing batman everyone all of a sudden looses all their will or whatever you want to call it.  They could knock batman down and near death a 1000 times in their fight where batman BARELY can even walk or get up.  But if Batman knocks you down you will NEVER EVER EVER get up.  You lose and lose the will to fight or get up again. Regardless if in another comic you got up ove rand over and over again to continue fighting.  

Batman is essentially a giant troll.

Batman is my second favorite character but logically he's highly overrated and his role could easily be replaced by all of the JLA members. I was trying to make this point to my friends. He's not the only tactician in the group, he's not the only detective, he's not the only person who can interrogate people, he's not the only person who can find gadgets and there is a guy who actually knows how to make his own gadgets far beyond what Wayne enterprise is capable of. Theres an Alien with powers of shape shifting for infiltration. Batman is a force in gotham, but in the universe he's an ant. I admit it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kasz216 said:
Here is the thing about Superman. At the height of his portrayals he can hear a heartbeat across the globe and lobotmize people on earth from Space.

If Superman and Batman were to decide that they MUST kill each other immediately at the same time. Batman would have zero chance in a fight.

Batman, with enough planning in a onesided encounter could win, but even then... it's not assured.

As for Batman in the Justice League. There are plenty of arguements to be made for him there. The most expedient one? Dollar Dollar bills.

Nobody else can really afford to be building halls of justice, space stations, satellites and other crap like that... at least not without becoming indebted to a government agency.

Lex Luthor?

Are you serious the guy sends $70 mil on a fake presidental add campaign just to embarrass Superman. You think he'll just bulid the watch tower for the Justice League. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
attaboy said:
SnakeDrake said:
attaboy said:
Superman's original comic= Action Comics
Batman's original comic= Detective Comics

The name of the company? DC (Detective Comics). Batman wins.

DC Comics = Detective Comics, Comics !!!

I know, right!  Blows my mind!

Well thats just plain stupid WB what was wrong with the old design

I like the new design.

The Fury said:
Marvel is better!

Boom, I said it.

DC owns them in movies and animated film, but I'll give the comic portion to Marvel because of the vast amount of successful characters compared to DC.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kasz216 said:

Lex Luthor?

Are you serious the guy sends $70 mil on a fake presidental add campaign just to embarrass Superman. You think he'll just bulid the watch tower for the Justice League. 

He's not the only rich and brilliant guy in town. I would wager than he's the smartest human man in the DC universe. His plots for killing Superman pale everything Batman has ever planned. If that man had unlimited power, he'd be one of the most dangerous men in the known DC universe.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SnakeDrake said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kasz216 said:

Lex Luthor?

He's not the only rich and brilliant guy in town. I would wager than he's the smartest human man in the DC universe. His plots for killing Superman pale everything Batman has ever planned. If that man had unlimited power, he'd be one of the most dangerous men in the known DC universe.

Ah....................... I thought we were arugeing about batman's relevance to the JLA. To which we reply Batman is the only member with a lot of money to help finance the JLA. To which you reply with just "Lex Luthour" making us think the he would help finance the JLA which is totally crazy given his character. And now you want to arugue that Lex Luthour can kill superman better then batman?!.  

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ah....................... I thought we were arugeing about batman's relevance to the JLA. To which we reply Batman is the only member with a lot of money to help finance the JLA. To which you reply with just "Lex Luthour" making us think the he would help finance the JLA which is totally crazy given his character. And now you want to arugue that Lex Luthour can kill superman better then batman?!.  

I am still with the topic, I was just responding Kasz stating that nobody else can afford the space station or the halls of Justice. Lex Luthor can't stand aliens or anything superior to himself, which is why he cannot stand Superman or any super being, really. If he wanted to, he could fund the things needed to help keep the JLA run though. My point still stands that the JLA cases could easily be solved without Batman. As I said to someone else before, theres already a detective in the group, who just so happens to be a forensic scientist, battle tacticians, interrogator, tech support and shapreshifter for infiltration. Everything Batman has ever done, they've done with ease.

Lex Luthor didn't need to touch Superman, he made him poison himself to death with sun energy. LOL The guy is a f'n evil genius. He figured out the chemistry of Supermans genetic makeup and came up with a way to recreate him. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is. Batman is tame compared.

irstupid said:
attaboy said:
jabberjawky72 said:
attaboy sa

Hmm superman won huh.  How come there is still a shit ton of arguing over Hulk vs. Superman and more often than not I hear people say Hulk would win?

Heck I swear I saw a youtube video not too long ago showing the fight between them and probably had a tie or something

Depending on the Hulk, Hulk could win in a slugfest matchup.  The hulk at that time wasn't as strong.

HOWEVER, Supes heat vision is just as strong if not stronger then his fists... and he's faster.   Fighting smart Hulk probably can't catch him.

Well depending on the Superman too.... Superman's strength tends to vary a bit more ten you'd expect within the same version

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:
Marvel is better!

Boom, I said it.

DC owns them in movies and animated film, but I'll give the comic portion to Marvel because of the vast amount of successful characters compared to DC.

While TV animation I agree with, Film? What are we using as base? 'Dark Knight' only or is everything else included? Because Spiderman 3 is better than all other recently DC films.

That said, yes Marvel do have successful character but at the moment, the writers have no idea what they are doing with them, Bendis X-men is nigh on drivel. He can't write X-men to save his life. And Hickman Avengers, he's trying to make them the Justice League of Marvel and it's just silly, Avengers as meant to have a sense of humanity about them as there's noen of that in it at all. Thank god for Brian Wood.

On topic, yeah, having conversations over who would win in fights between comic characters is one I put up with as well, to keep people happy I usually say 'Batman always wins.' 

Hmm, pie.