By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you support Marijuana if everything else became illegal?

Crazy thoughts are running through my head right now and it's mainly because the CEO of the aerospace company I work for told us today that they are going to begin drug testing. Now this sucks for one BIG reason, and that is that I am a regular marijuana smoker. I only smoke after work and at home and this is mainly just my way of unwinding. Some people drink, but I smoke because smoking pot is a whole lot better than smoking cigarettes or drinking alchohol and neither of which I do anymore. 2+ years without a cigarette, i'm damn proud. Did it cold turkey, but only because I was smoking pot.

Well, this is my last time. Just got finished smoking a nice bowl. After tonight it's goodbye. Until of course people see that there is no reason not to and just legalize it already.

Anyways, some of you are clearly for or clearly against the legalization and/or use of marijuana. What I want to know is would you be willing to give in and legalize it if the trade off was illegalizing tobacco and alchohol?

I know I would.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

no i wouldn't because i love some alcoholic drinks and don't smoke marijuana (also no cigarettes) but i support the legalization of marijuana because i really think alcohol causes more problems on this planet.

Are there any repercussions if they detect it in your system? I've had drug testing at work, tested positive, they didn't care.

And hell yeh I'd be in support for it. As a wise rapper once said "Smoke weed err day!"

Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

Dont see the problem with weed all it dose is makes you into an laughing idiot.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
ToraReaper said:
Are there any repercussions if they detect it in your system? I've had drug testing at work, tested positive, they didn't care.

And hell yeh I'd be in support for it. As a wise rapper once said "Smoke weed err day!"

He said to everyone: "If you come back positive, you're going home and don't bother coming back. Don't bother trying to collect unemployment either because I won't hesitate to tell them why we let you go."

So, it sounds like I would be fired. Sucks too since I was a guy who started out working in the stock room and worked my way up into the offices and working production control. All within the 5 years where I have become a more regular user. I even have my company awards on my desk for standing out amongst my co-workers.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

Yes, I have a 4 year old daughter who is starting preschool on Tuesday, begins her 2nd year of dance school on Thursday and then that weekend begins her first year of soccer, which I just learned the coach can't coach due to time constraints and I might end up taking it over (Only because I played soccer for 6 years). She is also quite the voice when it comes to the homes we look at. We are in the process of buying our first home. 

Yeah, you asked this before.

Currently playing:

SnakeDrake said:
Dont see the problem with weed all it dose is makes you into an laughing idiot.

I'm anything but what you just claimed. In fact, I smoked no more than 20 minutes ago.

Not a chuckle yet. Just calm and relaxed.

Currently playing:

It will be legal in my country next year

Definitely, I don't smoke weed, or drink alchohol. I maybe should because I have to take xanax once or twice a week.

imo, I'd rather have weed legal, and alchohol illegal (I think neither should be illegal). I've had much worse experiences with drunks than people high on weed :P.

I however support companies not hiring you because someone smokes weed even if it becomes legal. And support them forcing you to take a drug test. The companies are paying money, they should be able to chose who they want to pay. This becomes an issue, when racism, or sexism becomes involved. However, I wouldn't put potheads on the same level.

Generally speaking, I'm against making unnecessary laws.